Total Weight Loss

Friday, November 19, 2010

Liar!

The Little Voice is a liar and a very sore loser. Last night on the elliptical machine TLV and The Voice of Truth (TVoT) got into it again. TVoT is always going to be right because, well, she speaks the is the truth. TLV does not like that one bit. Once she realized that, she started in on the personal attacks. I've had a successful week, which I'll blog about tomorrow in my weekly status report and TVoT was pointing this out to TLV. So, TLV got nasty. She said things that were 'true' too, but not quite right. She said things like


"You know you won't lose this much weight every week."

"You can't keep this up forever. No one can be that good all of the time."

"You're trying to work on your perfectionism, right?"



TVoT can be pretty savvy and countered with things like:

"I know, but I'll be glad for whatever loss I get."

"I only plan to eat this way until the end of the year."

"I don't expect to be perfect, just the best I can be."



TLV just wants to eat, and eat a lot. She doesn't even really care any more what it is. She even brought to mind mini quiche last night. I don't even like mini-quiche. I don't know what she was thinking. I was in the bathtub relishing a long hot soak, when the idea of eating mini-quiche popped in my head, and a battle between TLV & TVoT ensued. Suddenly, I began to wonder about my own sanity. Honestly, I'm trying to relax in the bathtub when I am having an argument with myself about a food I DON'T LIKE!!  Even if I did, there was none around.

Luckily, my employer has a counseling branch. I grabbed one of them this morning during a break and asked if I needed to schedule any sessions because these little voices were taking over my brain. She was quite professional and did not laugh right in my face.  She assured me that I was perfectly normal. Whew...of course now I've got to learn how to shut TLV up. I don't think she's going to go quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment