Total Weight Loss

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

And So It Begins

I started the injections on Sunday.  Sunday and Monday were 'load' days.  It takes 48 hours for the hcg to fully get into the system so the first two days are for calorie loading.  Then there are two days after the injections stop where the low calorie plan is followed while the hcg fully exits the system.

Sunday and Monday I ate Mexican and pizza, two things I know I'll miss the most.  Truth be told I amped up the eating a bit since deciding to start.  That means I have a few more pounds to lose, but I have so many to lose, a couple more don't really matter.  I was surprised at how 'little' I gained in the weeks I was waiting to start.  I recognized that I really had made peace with food.  I did not plan my life around what I was going to eat since I would be restricting again soon.  

On Sunday and Monday in particular, I really needed to eat to get the best outcome for the next 42 days.  However, I could not eat that much.  I ordered a big plate of nachos on Sunday and could not eat them all.  In fact, I really didn't want to eat anything else the rest of the day.   65MD (my husband) brought home pizza on Monday.  He got my favorite and I ate three pieces, but only the good part in the middle not the edges.  I was so stuffed, I had to get some tummy medication!  

Yesterday was my first day with the fast, as I am calling it.  I had already portioned out my protein in 3.5 ounce packages so that all I have to do is cook and eat.  I was hungry all day!!  I don't think I quite did enough on the loading.  Sigh, not eating enough, that is a new concept for me.

I am better today hunger-wise.  Yesterday and today, I've had trouble getting a gallon of water in.  I get about half of that down.  Today, I squeezed a few lemons into the jug to make the water crisp.  I am enjoying that.

As of this morning, I have lost one pound from my starting weight on Sunday.  I am fine with that.  I feel much more relaxed this time about the whole process.  I'm not freaked out to get every ounce of water down; it will come.  I know the weight will come off too.  This is just a season of my life.  The weight loss season.  It will take as long as it takes.  I will concern myself with the next season when that time arrives.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new regime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, I just came back too. I've been recovering from some health stuff. I think I'm ready to get back to it!!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete