Total Weight Loss

Friday, July 19, 2019

Wacky Wednesday!

When I restarted the hgc and blog, I decided to be more 'go with the flow' type of person that one bound by strict rules and regulations.  Coming to that mindset has been a journey in itself.  Even with the new attitude, I had some ideas about how the weight loss would happen and thought I would blog about once a week.  It didn't take long for both of those thing to fall apart!  Since I have a more relaxed approach this time, I won't apologize, but simply share what happened on Wednesday and document a bit about how the weight loss is going and how I'm feeling.

Wednesday started out as planned but just as I was starting an appointment, I got a call that my 6 year old niece was sick at day camp.  I extricated myself as soon as possible to get her.  I managed to get there about an hour before her 4 year old sister was to be dismissed but she was asleep. I left the 4 year old there and brought the 6 year old home.  I got her settled on the couch and called 65MD (my husband) to see if he was planning to come home from work in time to stay with her while I went for the little one.  He was.  I got the little one and we had a quiet afternoon watching TV.

Before anyone gets distressed about their parents not coming for them, I live less than 10 minutes from the school and can get there more quickly.  I am the designated pick up person in the afternoons anyway since day camp is over before their parents get off from work.  I was in contact with them.  They knew what was going on.

Everyone is well now.  And, catching up on this blog will get me fully back on track.

As far as the weight loss goes, I had a small but surprising gain on Wednesday morning.  I attributed it to still not getting in enough water and missing a meal.  I have the aforementioned sisters on Tuesdays and Thursdays along with their 3 year old cousin.  We have an absolute blast!  In the chaos of the day, however, I never took the time to actually eat my midday meal.

Then on Thursday morning, I had another small gain making a full pound regained.  Once again, I didn't get in all my water and with the early trip to pick up my niece I missed my midday meal again.  

The protocol is if two days pass without a loss, the next day should be an apple day.  Up to 6 apples can be eaten throughout the day.  So that is what I did. This morning, I had lost a full pound.

I confess I am disappointed.  I am not beating myself up for not getting in the water or missing the meals.  In fact, I am doing much better with the water.  And, I would never be upset about any decision I made regarding helping my family.  That is just the way life goes sometimes.

Still, I am disappointed.  I only have so many days on the hcg, and the early days, the first two or three weeks, are the real sweet spot regarding weight loss.  I want to make the most of those days.  I decided at the outset, I would do two 40-day rounds and then accept whatever my weight/size is at that time.  

This time has been harder than I recall the earlier times.  It is probably that I have forgotten, but I have been hungry!  The first week I had a mild headache most of the time in addition to being hungry.  The headache is gone but the hunger remains.  I know in the past, I wanted to eat and I never felt really satisfied after a meal, but I don't remember it being to this degree.  Perhaps, it is that I just couldn't load those first two days.  I'll make sure to indulge more next time.

As far as the water goes, I'm trying to drink a full gallon.  I am consistently drinking half of that and sometimes closer to two-thirds.  Yesterday, I almost made it.  This time, I am happy that I am making progress and know that eventually I will make my goal.

Life inside my head is so much better when I focus on what I have done which is a lot, rather than what I have not done, which by comparison is quite small.  I'm looking forward to a healthier me as well.

3 comments:

  1. No worrying about the loss/gain or lack of lass that you WANT! Your weight will fall off when the time is right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just came up in my Bloglovin on Saturday at 1:30 PM. Strange! Life happens and we just have to work around it. You should never feel bad for helping family. Just keep doing what you know to do and everything will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have to focus on the positives...because of I focus on what I haven’t done...or how far I’ve slipped I get overwhelmed and give up!

    You are doing great. You are making the changes necessary for your health! Kudos!!!

    ReplyDelete