Total Weight Loss

Thursday, October 24, 2013

What I'm Doing Now

Nothing!  Not really but I'm not following a structured plan right now.  My intention upon returning from Guatemala was to get back on the meal replacement shakes.  Life intervened and I never got started.  Since the regain was falling right back off I decided not to tamper with what was working.

The hubs and I took a fall break trip last weekend and hatched a plan that we embarked upon today.  We are keeping our food budget to $270 for the next 30 days.  That includes food we buy at the store and food we already have at home.  The $270 figure is what we've read is the national average for SNAP (food stamp) recipients.  ($4.50 per day per person)

We feel like keeping our food budget so low will automatically limit what and how much we eat.  We won't be unhappy if we lose a few pounds during the process.  We are documenting this adventure on another blog.  Feel free to follow us there.  I will continue to update here as well, but not in the detail that we plan to on the other blog.

I'm excited to see where this path leads us!

2 comments:

  1. love your little adventures/experiments! cant wait to hear all about it. and I do have a suggested reading that has inspired me and a frugal life it's called the complete tightwad gazette by amy dacyczyn. it's my go-to whenever I need to feel inspired and not deprived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that the hubs is always up for something like this. It certainly keeps life interesting.

      Thanks for the tip. I'll look for the book.
      Lori

      Delete