Since we've been back, I've felt the pinch from time to time but again thought little of it. The pain was minor and fleeting. Believe me, I know pain! Yesterday, however, when I got out of bed, I felt the pinch with every step. I realized that we'd been home plenty long for whatever minor cut to heal and that perhaps a bit of the burr was still in my foot.
I had 65MD take a look and that was the case. The spot was sort of in the arch of my foot so that it really didn't get my full weight when I walked. Until yesterday - when the place was puffy. 65MD got out the hydrogen peroxide, cotton balls and a needle and performed surgery! He poked and prodded, wiped and cleaned and poked and prodded some more, but to no avail.
So, now I have two sore feet and I'm faced with a dilemma. I'm headed out of town tomorrow for the rest of the week for my nephew's graduation and my niece's birthday. I don't want to be limping around while I'm there. It seems silly to call the doctor for something so minor. It is not infected and we were very careful yesterday to keep everything clean.
I haven't decided for sure, but I think I'm going to just wait and see what happens. I really don't have time for a doctor visit.