Total Weight Loss

Friday, December 23, 2011

1,000 Mile Challenge

Some of my friends IRL and Timothy are embarking upon a challenge to walk 1,000 miles in 2012.  Everyone is welcome to participate.  The more the merrier motivator!  I really do think the more people that participate, the more we can keep each other motivated.


IRL we have charts with 1,000 squares on them.  We will color in a square for each mile walked.  By the end of the year, we should have one, very colorful chart.


To make things even more fun, we are starting on Sunday.  We all agree that the last week of the year is one of the worst for exercise, so we're going to give ourselves an opportunity to get a few bonus miles in before the challenge actually begins. 


In blog land, I'll post my mileage every Monday.  I'm excited about it.  I'd love for everyone that reads this blog to join.  If not, at least keep me encouraged during the year.  I'll need that.


My family is beginning to arrive for the holidays.  I probably won't be around much until January.  In the meantime, I'll be logging those miles.

Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. Lori, I am most definitely in this with you except since I measure my "walking" in steps as opposed to miles, I guess it will be in a slightly different way. But I do have new goals for hiking in 2012 and plan to keep the same goal of no less than 10,000 steps per day. How are you planning to measure your mileage or know how far you've walked? Pedometer or just calculated distance?

    Merry, merry Christmas to you!! I thought about you many times while we were in Nashville earlier this week especially when at Trader Joe's! I'm hoping 2012 will be the year we can meet IRL!

    ReplyDelete