Total Weight Loss

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Wednesday Weigh In, Diet Coke Pedometer App

This morning the scales were down 0.6 lbs from last week.  I'm not sure why but I'll take it.  If I can consistently lose about half a pound a week, I'll be glad.

I'm guessing it is the more concentrated effort to drink water the past couple of days.  My eating has been OK, but not stellar.  I didn't find myself editing my intake because I didn't want to document it.  I ate cake twice over the weekend and wrote it down.  I know that my life has got to include cake every now and then.  Probably not twice in one weekend very often, but we celebrated two birthdays on two different days, so there were two cakes.

I wish that next week was a more typical week so that I could test my theory but it isn't so I won't stress about it.  I will, however, take lots of bottled water because the water at camp is gross.  I learned over the weekend that I enjoy water more than I thought.

I had a chance to drink Diet Coke over the weekend.  (Not as the same time as I was eating cake.) I have been doing a good job of avoiding artificial sweeteners so I'm not sure when I last had my beloved Diet Coke.  There once was a time that I drank so much, I laughed and said I would bleed Diet Coke if I were cut.  (This was in my middle and late 20's, when I did not grasp the dangers of artificial sweeteners.)  Anyway, I poured myself a glass and then nearly choked on the first sip.  The stuff tasted like metal.  It had been poured from a 2 liter bottle, which was plastic.  I had to dump it out.

I gladly went back to my water.  I still like my sweet tea, as far as I know.  I haven't had any of that in a while.  I'm saving that for the next special occasion.  I'm not sure when that will be.

Finally, I have two issue with the pedometer app.  One I have to remember to carry it or tuck it in my waistband when I move around. I'm not doing a very good job of that.  It is, however, a habit I can learn.  The other is, the app seems to eat up battery life like crazy.  I might have to use it to track steps when I'm actually on a walk.  I can create my challenge to get x number of work out steps per week or something like that.  I won't worry about that until I get back from camp.

The baby and mommy leave in the morning.  It will be back to my usual pattern until I leave for camp Sunday morning.  I'll probably weigh again before I leave since I won't be able to next week.  It will be interesting to see how the week impacts my weight.

4 comments:

  1. I love some of the apps for tracking walks and such but they do suck up the battery life. I would love a Fitbit but don't want to sink over $100 into it....been thinking lately about the jawbone.......does the same things...always on my wrist....doesn't kill my phone battery. Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're still fighting the fight I went away for a bit but am down to 185 , my high school weight....also found out I was diabetic so that's an ongoing ordeal. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Lori! Been awhile since you updated here. I'd love to hear more about how you're doing! F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your experience with your pedometer app. I'm just starting out on my fitness journey and everyday I strive to be better.
    I have been big for most of my life and being an avid food lover, this is really torturous. I really need a diet plan that'll help in keeping my 'cravings' in check. I had been thinking of signing up with any effective online fitness courses that’ll help with providing diet plans and exercises to get myself going at this. I’ve gone through this particular review https://greatbigminds.com/best-diet-to-lose-belly-fat/ and it looks viable to me, though I am still not certain if it’s as easy as it sounds. Would definitely appreciate a second opinion if you think this is something I could commit into or better yet you can recommend one that I could possible look into.

    ReplyDelete