Total Weight Loss

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Phase Two

Today is my first day of intermittent fasting.  I decided on an eating time of 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.  I also decided to focus on protein and vegetables, with minimal carbs, mostly from fruit.  It all seems so reasonable.  It seems so simple, so easy until 11:00 this morning.

I decided to treat myself to bacon as my protein this morning.  I decided that a few days ago.  It fits within the guidelines I decided upon, except it is not really the healthiest protein.  It is protein and not carb, so that is good and I felt like I needed a treat.

I should stop here and add that within the eating time frame, I want to eat between 1200-1500 calories based on my metabolic reading earlier this week.  But, I also decided that I needed a little brain break from counting calories and measuring food.  I don't want to fall back down that rabbit hole of good food vs bad food and guilt over straying from tight restrictions.  So, between now and Monday, I'll eat between 11:00 and 7:00 within the earlier guidelines but let satiety be my measure rather than a calorie count.

So, I got out the bacon this morning and proceeded to cook the whole pound.  I do that because I hate to cook bacon and I'd rather just cook it all and have it on hand for later.  While I was cooking, I looked at the calorie count - about 45 calories per slice.  A serving was two (what??) slices or 90 calories.  Then I thought about the sodium and how only two measly slices would likely cause a major jump in body weight.

I stood in the kitchen HUNGRY with bacon and I was afraid to eat it.  I am scared, truly fearful of runaway regain.  It has happened before. The odds are truly stacked against keeping weight off.  And, I really need to lose a lot more weight to get into a healthier weight.  So, what was I to do?  Eat the bacon?  Yes.  I did.

I decided that I could not be ruled by fear.  Respect for what and how much food I eat is great, and I want to cultivate that.  I want to make good choices about what I eat, but I spent too much time in that place where I felt like I was a bad person because of the food choices I made.  I will not live there again.

I ate only bacon this morning.  I have drunk a lot of water because I have been quite thirsty.  Hello, sodium!  It is now 3:30 and I've not become hungry.  I'm going with it.  I'm preparing supper because I think I will be hungry for it later.  I will eat until I feel satisfied.  I will stop and wait for 11:00 tomorrow to eat again.  I can do this.

Some stats for anyone interested and not triggered by numbers:  I lost exactly 25 pounds and 39.5 inches.  I lost 3.75 inches from my waist and a full 8 inches off my hips!  I measured everywhere, arms, legs, ribcage, etc to make up the total lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment