Total Weight Loss

Sunday, August 4, 2019

A Quick Hello

Friends, I think about blogging almost every day and some days several times.  Something will happen that I think will make a good post or a funny post,  However the last few weeks, life has been a little bit frantic.  School starts tomorrow, and I think life will slip back into a more predictable pattern.  Time will tell.

I just wanted to drop in and share a bit of those blog posts I've thought about, but in bullet points rather than whole posts.

*The scales continue to confound me.  I stay on plan 100% and yet they fluctuate.  After having two apple days,  I decided I would just stay on plan and see what happens.  Overall the trend is down so that is what matters.

*65MD and I went shopping one day for some new clothes for him.  This would be a funny post if I had time to really share.  We have been married nearly 20 years and have only been clothes shopping together for him maybe 5 times.  There is a reason!  Anyway, he found some things he wanted but they didn't have his size in stock in the store, so we ordered  them online when we got home.  When I say "we" I mean me.  As I was looking through the site, I found a really cute dress, and I ordered it a size smaller than I usually wear.  It was a risk since it was a summer dress and if it was too small now, it would probably be too large next summer.  It fit!!

*I ordered some more clothes that I expect to arrive tomorrow in that new smaller size.  This is a new place, so there is the risk that their clothes sizes are a little different.  I'll find out tomorrow.

*Only two more weeks left of injections.  I have a number in mind I'd like to see on the scale at the end.  Not so much as a goal weight, but as a marker of 'has this been worth it?'  This time I feel like I have struggled more.  If I see that number, I'll do another round of injections in October.  If not, I'll do something else.

*Between the end of the injections and the potential restart in October, we will celebrate my birthday, 65MD's birthday, our 20th anniversary and take a trip to Asheville, NC for a conference for 65MD.  Wait!  What was I saying about getting into a pattern?

1 comment:

  1. The scales really are confusing!! I have set a ‘three pound fluctuation’ rule. As long as I am three pounds from the lowest number I’ve seen then it is just ‘water’ or whatever normal fluctuation. I still don’t like to see the number go up....but it makes me more calm...because I can tell myself ‘that’s normal and ok’. It takes the stress away...which takes away the ‘I give up mentality!’ My advice...just keep pushing forward...you said the trend is going down...so you are in the right place!!!

    ReplyDelete