Total Weight Loss

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Wednesday Weigh In & Waist Measurements on Thursday

My day got away from me yesterday and it is likely to happen more and more as the holidays and year end approach.  That's OK with me.  I have a good life and if the worst that happens is I post results a day late, I am fine with it.

I am so glad I ran across the article because my weight has gone up yet again.  However, my clothes are feeling looser and the measurements confirmed my suspicion.  I have lost 3 1/4 inches total from all three measures.  That is the best news for me since that is the 'combat zone' for my body.

I have been faithful with my therapy exercises.  While they are not designed for weight loss, they are designed for muscle strength.  That is my only explanation for yet another uptick on the scale.  The article bears this out.  The day I ate the most was Thanksgiving, of course, but it wasn't that much.  It has been a whole week since, so the damage should have been negated by now.  Muscle strengthening must be the cause of the uptick.

Still, as I mentioned in my last post, this soft pedal approach needs some tweaking.  (If I hadn't read and believed the article, I would have chucked the whole thing by now.)  I decided to enter my food intake in Fitbit.  (I have the free app but not the wrist device.)  It requires me to include portion size which I estimate.  I'm still not going to get in to a bunch of tedious weighing & measuring my food.  I know I'll drive myself insane wanting to be exact with the measurement.  Depending on what I eat, I know.  I can enter two crackers or one apple.  So, I think I am getting a fair assessment of my eating.

It appears that I am not taking in enough calories.  I knew that I was not getting enough vegetables, but those have so few calories increasing them won't help much.  Increasing protein will and I am glad to do that.

Another happy for me, is that my niece stopped by while I was entering my food and decided to download the app as well.  My sister already has the device and everything so my niece and I 'friended' her on the Fitbit and we're all working together.  Right now it is fun.  I'll enjoy it while it is, and stick it out when it isn't.

Here's to all of us getting the results we want. while enjoying the ride.

2 comments: