Total Weight Loss

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Exercise

And now a word about exercise - I hate it!! It is boring to me. I also have a very serious aversion to going to a gym to exercise with all those hard bodies around. I feel bad enough about myself as it is.

BUT...exercise is a necessary evil in the weight loss game. I own my own elliptical machine which got me over the going some place hurdle. To get beyond the boredom, I listen to books on tape as I workout. It is low tech and free. I have an old cassette tape player in the room with the elliptical, and I get tapes from the library. It has been very surprising how that helps the time pass. I only allow myself to listen to the tapes when I am exercising. There have been times *gasp* that I have actually kept on working out so that I could get to the end of a chapter! I have discovered, for me, mysteries and other types of books that you really have to pay attention to are the best. Romances, even though I enjoy reading them, just don't do it for me. I've listened to all of the Harry Potter books, lots of Clive Cussler and the like.

I also have a Wii and a Wii fit. That helps with the boredom and helps me keep my workout routine from getting in a rut. While the elliptical has 6 different workout routines and ten levels of difficulty, it still really only works out the same muscles. With the three things, my possibilities are endless. Not to mention that the Wii fit fusses if you miss a day or gain too much weight!!

It works for me...maybe it will work for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment