Total Weight Loss

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Still Trying

I got the nutrition book for P90X out yesterday and gave it a thorough review.  I was really hoping to find something huge I missed.  Something I could point to, something to correct so that I could get the scales or the tape measure moving again.  I found nothing, huge or small.  I recalculated my nutrition needs to make sure I was in the proper zone for fat shredder.  According to my math, I am.

I did find one part that said it was hard to find the proper zone in some situations.  That the nutrition guidelines were general and sometimes needed to be tweaked for certain individuals.  So, I'm going to try that.  I'm upping the protein and lowering the carbs.  I had almost convinced myself to do a induction type eating plan, where carbs are virtually zero.  But the book explained that with this level of exercise carbs were necessary.

So, I'm going to give this a whirl and see what happens.  I'll probably try to give it until the end of the year to give it a fair chance.  Come January 1, I hope to have dazzling results to share, rather than the announcing of yet another plan to lose.  We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. I am proud that you continue against the discouragement. You go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost emailed you last night. I didn't want to blog, but I just needed to share. When I went shopping this weekend, I made sure to look at labels and got things that were really whole wheat for my carbs. I looked for 4 g or less sugar in my items. I focused my breakfast and lunch meals around higher protein. I also bought some organic cold milled flaxseed and have been taking 2 TBSP a day in salads, smoothies, soups, yougurt, etc. It's only been 2 days, and you know how I am, but I have felt satisfied and full and not even needing snacks between meals other than the long stretch between lunch and supper. Then I just have grabbed a banana or a piece of fruit. Anyway, I am interested to see how upping the protein and keeping good carbs do for you. You are so strong to keep plunging forward. I admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just stick to it darlin you'll hit the ZONE and it'll melt away!

    ReplyDelete