Total Weight Loss

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Inquiring Minds

I am sure that most of my readers are quite concerned about the bedroom floor.  I haven't mentioned it in quite some time.  There is a very good reason why I have not mentioned the floor.  There is nothing to say!  It seems that the only real stretch of time we (read 65MD) have to work on it is Saturdays.  They have all been taken up by one thing or another as I alluded to in the last post.  

We did dry fit one row:
I helped by telling him which way to turn the tile.

In the meantime the comforter is almost done:

And I even got matching sheets:
Cool story, someone at my sister's church was selling them as a fund raiser and she thought that I might want new sheets so she got sample swatches for me.  They match perfectly!

I've sent the shams off to be monogrammed. A family friend is doing them.  She called yesterday with some questions.  It made me quite nervous.  It was as if we'd never spoken about what I wanted.  All I want it our last initial in crimson on the shams.  I even included a swatch of the lining and a few samples of fonts I liked.  She still asked what letter I wanted and what color. Then somehow she got the idea she was supposed to sew them up.

I was so nervous about it that I dreamed last night about it.  I dreamed she had turned one into a sleeve with a pink letter on it.  The other was just what I wanted except she had put scroll work underneath it.  In my dream, she was so proud of going the extra mile for me that I couldn't tell her I didn't like them.  I took them anyway and tried to figure out how to use them.  I hope that is one dream that does not come true!

Anyway, some of my readers may remember I considered making this a little competition between 65MD and the floor vs me and the comforter.  I think I'm going to win.  Next task, the bed skirt. 

5 comments:

  1. Yay you! He needs to get cracking before school starts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faculty meetings start next week. He really needs to get with it.
      Lori

      Delete
  2. Love the color of the sheets and the back of the comforter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red is my favorite color. I'd have everything red if I could. 65MD is more of a fan of crimson, it is easy to get him to agree to that. Still, he doesn't think the whole house needs to be crimson.

      Delete
  3. I was just thinking YOU WIN before I got to the end of the post. :) Everything is gonna look so nice!

    ReplyDelete