We did dry fit one row:
|I helped by telling him which way to turn the tile.|
In the meantime the comforter is almost done:
And I even got matching sheets:
Cool story, someone at my sister's church was selling them as a fund raiser and she thought that I might want new sheets so she got sample swatches for me. They match perfectly!
I've sent the shams off to be monogrammed. A family friend is doing them. She called yesterday with some questions. It made me quite nervous. It was as if we'd never spoken about what I wanted. All I want it our last initial in crimson on the shams. I even included a swatch of the lining and a few samples of fonts I liked. She still asked what letter I wanted and what color. Then somehow she got the idea she was supposed to sew them up.
I was so nervous about it that I dreamed last night about it. I dreamed she had turned one into a sleeve with a pink letter on it. The other was just what I wanted except she had put scroll work underneath it. In my dream, she was so proud of going the extra mile for me that I couldn't tell her I didn't like them. I took them anyway and tried to figure out how to use them. I hope that is one dream that does not come true!
Anyway, some of my readers may remember I considered making this a little competition between 65MD and the floor vs me and the comforter. I think I'm going to win. Next task, the bed skirt.