Total Weight Loss

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Restaurant Results

I know all of my readers are anxiously awaiting the results from last night's restaurant meal. I did great!  I knew what I was going to get when I walked in.  I ordered first so that I would not be swayed by the others.  I ate only what I ordered.

I had thought when 65MD ordered fries, that I'd pilfer one so I wouldn't feel deprived, even though he hates that.  He does not like anyone taking any food off of his plate, or just a bite of something he has.  He allows me to from time to time but that is it.  When I saw the fries, I was OK without one.  I could save my bargaining chip with 65MD for another time!  LOL!

This morning, I was prepared for an uptick.  I would have been happy with staying the same.  Instead, I lost!  It was only 0.2 but it is a lost!  That brings me down to my starting weight of the family fun competition.  Now, I'm hoping to lose a little more before Sunday so that I can actually register a loss with the family.

I'm thrilled.  It is like my body has finally remembered how to lose weight.  The biggest thing I have changed is having nut milk in my meal replacement shakes.  I think it is giving me more protein than water not to mention calories.  Maybe my body was in starvation mode. I'm going to ride this train for as long as I can.

Of course, I understand that losing two pounds that were just gained is not an Olympic feat.  And that the hard part is still ahead: losing weight that has been around a while.  Still, I feel different in my head and in my body. This could be what I've been searching for.  Time will tell.  Thanks for joining me and supporting me through all my trial & error.

1 comment:

  1. That. Is. Awesome!!! And sometimes it sure can feel like an Olympic feat!!! Wonderful! The nut milk is a great idea - low in carbs and good for you. I also hope you are able to register a loss and get in the fight! :)

    ReplyDelete