So the question at hand for me, is what to do in the meantime. Do I go back on hcg, or try another plan to lose weight? I still need to lose. The more weight I get off this hip the better I will be now, and after the surgery.
The hcg will knock the weight right off which is why I went back to it this summer. It also requires a lot of mental toughness. I have to do a lot of positive self talk prior to starting. I have to do a lot of planning and forecasting regarding social events. There is no way to eat socially and stay on plan. It is just too restrictive. I can manage when I see the scales move.
I only have so much of that mental toughness. I feel like I am expending it getting ready for surgery and managing the pain between now & then. The last two weeks on hcg, I felt myself crumbling under the pressure. All of which, is leading me to stay on low carb until after the surgery.
On the other hand, if I don't do the hcg now, I may not be able to until the first of the year. I'm not sure. Recovery will take 3 or 4 weeks, so most of the month of October. I might be able to squeeze in three weeks between recovery and Thanksgiving. It is not possible to know right now. I don't want to delay any longer than I have to.
Of course, I can lose weight, just not as quickly on low carb. It is just a lot easier mentally. There are more options and I don't feel so confined and deprived. Right now, I am leaning hard towards low carb at least through the surgery date. Although, I reserve the right to change my mind!
I am so very close to ONEderland once again. I weigh 201.8. Two measly little pounds and I'll be there. I should be there and then some by the time the surgery date gets here.