Total Weight Loss

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Riding the Roller Coaster

I stopped the hcg when I learned that I was going to have hip surgery.  I thought at the time it would just be a week or two until surgery.  If I had known that surgery was going to be 7 weeks away I would have stayed on it.  Of course, I didn't know that then and made the best decision with the information I had at the time.  I decided to stay off of it until after surgery and rehab because of the rigid nature of the hcg diet.  I knew I'd have to stop this week no matter what because of various social obligations with the start of a new semester, my birthday, 65MD's birthday and our anniversary.  It is easier to blend in social situations with a low carb diet than the hcg.  

I knew when I stopped that my weight would drift up no matter what.  I think the hcg must be a little dehydrating or something because there is always a bit of a bounce.  I stopped the hcg weighing 201.8.  I hung out there a couple of days much to my surprise.  I actually thought I might defy the odds this time and actually no experience the bounce.  Alas, I was wrong!!  My weight crept up to 205.2 over the weekend.  

While I didn't like this one bit, I didn't feel bigger.  My clothes didn't feel tighter.  In fact, I felt smaller and the dress I chose to wear on Sunday felt way too big.  So, I measured my waist.  It was down a full inch since stopping the shots!  Two people in recent days have commented on my weight loss.  (Both knew I was trying, but they wouldn't just say it if they didn't mean it.)

I know the scales are not an accurate measure of the changes going on inside.  At the same time, I know I'm not replacing fat with muscle because my hip keeps me from doing much meaningful exercise at all!  While I want to be under 200 lbs before surgery (and it is totally doable!), I'll take my clothes being looser and my friends complimenting my new smaller figure.  The scales will catch up.

5 comments:

  1. yes they will, and you can do the Onederland before your surgery which is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole inch off! Awesome, girl! And I'm glad you didn't freak and just throw your hands up because of the scale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Not sure if my last comment posted, sorry if it's a repeat)... Just saying congrats on the NSV. It's a good reminder that the scale isn't the last word on everything. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scales are definitely not everything! Congrats on being smaller :)

    ReplyDelete