Total Weight Loss

Friday, August 8, 2014

Hip News

Hip as in my joint not as cool news, LOL!!

65MD and I saw the surgeon today.  He agreed that total replacement is the right option for my situation.  In addition to the arthritis I have spurs and cysts which add to the pain.  I felt strangely vindicated when I heard that news.  Like the pain was validated some how.  I'd begun to worry if I had a true concept of pain any more.  I do!!

Right now, we are once again waiting.  Waiting for insurance approval and then for the scheduler to call with the next available surgery date.  All I know now is that the doctor does surgery on Tuesdays.  I doubt I'd be so lucky to have surgery on August 12, but stranger things have happened.

The sooner the better for a couple of reasons.  First, I'm ready for this phase of my life to be over.  I ready to be pain free, obviously.  Second, 65MD is a university professor and classes are starting soon.  If the surgery can happen next week, he won't have to dismiss class or make other arrangements.  I don't want him to start the semester that way, even though he is largely unconcerned about it.  Finally, we have a trip scheduled for the last week of September.  Not going won't be the end of the world, but I'd like to go.  I can relax better away from home.  I don't feel like I need to be doing something.  I can nap without guilt.  Stuff like that.

As far as weight loss goes, I'm stopping the shots as of today.  It takes 48 hours for the hcg to get out of the system and the extreme diet must be followed during that time.  I don't want to stop the shots too late and have to worry about plan approved foods and such for that 48 hours.  So, I'm going back to low carb between now and the surgery.  Stopping the shots is my biggest disappointment because I am so close to ONEderland.   But, the hcg will be there when I am ready to resume, whenever that is.

My goals on the weight loss front are:
*Get to 199.8 before surgery, which is attainable even if surgery is August 12
*Stay at 199.8 or lower until rehab is over. 

Once I am back to full strength look out world.  I'll be ready to slide right down to my goal weight and put this phase of my life behind me too!

3 comments:

  1. I do hope you get your surgery soon. When DM had his, he had to wait for over a month to get into the schedule, and he was even considered to be in great need of one. How exciting that you are so close to Onederland!!! Love hearing your "hip" news. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you have an answer and a solution to the pain! sending prayers your way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm very sorry you have to have surgery. My mom has had both hips replaced. She says it is so worth it.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete