1. I blew it with the water this weekend. It turned COLD here and I just can't drink cold water when I am cold. Plus, I had the busiest weekend since surgery. The level of busy is not nearly up to normal people busy. Still, it was a lot for me. And I know this is TMI, but I need a toilet raiser still and so I avoided drinking anything before going some place so that I would not have to figure out how to pee while I was in public! Folks, that is just a reality of life that is not often discussed but still true.
2. I am not eating according to any set plan just yet. Friends and family are still bringing food and it is still quite welcome. I'm much stronger but still need lots of rest. Plus I am still going to therapy three days per week, and taking pain meds. BTW, therapy will end next week, and I've weaned back to one pain pill at night to help me rest.
3. I have started weighing most days. Since I'm not actually following a plan, I am not recording it. It fluctuates as much as two pounds from one day to the next. It is the same pounds up and down so I think that it is just the natural rhythm of my body and it's fluids. I'd still like to break through and move on down the scales. I'll gladly take staying flat for now. I haven't decided yet if I will record it monthly, weekly or some other interval, if at all.
4. Anyone have any experience with tart cherry juice? I've heard how it will cure whatever ails a body, including healing ligaments & muscles after joint replacement surgery. A friend IRL said a friend of his had hip replacement, drank an ounce each day and two weeks later was healed. I am wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar experience. I started on it Sunday and so far haven't felt any thing extra special. At this point, it would be hard to know if the juice aided or if I'd be feeling this good without it. I am considering keeping it in my diet long term. I prefer my friend both blog and IRL share stories rather than finding random postings on the Internet. Who knows if those are legit?
5. I am considering what plan to follow when I do feel strong enough to tackle something. It is down to Trim Healthy Mama through the end of the year or just low carb. I have some hcg. It requires at least three weeks of strict adherence which won't be doable until the first of the year. I'm hoping that I'll be successful enough with THM or whatever I choose to stay with it and save the hcg to get those last few stubborn pounds off. Right now, we have a beach trip planned for late April. I'd like to feel strong and healthy enough to walk along the beach in a new swimsuit. (65MD has decided I need a new one!)
6. I keep getting advice on what to expect along this healing journey. I love it. I love knowing that I am not alone, even if my benchmarks are a little different. A friend told me yesterday that her mother felt like it took her a full 6 months to feel normal again. That took such a burden off of my shoulders that I actually cried tears of joy. Six months is a long time to feel bad, but I've already got 5 weeks under my belt. That just leaves 4 and 3/4 more months. I should be feeling great by our beach trip.
I know this is just a bunch of disjointed thoughts. I wanted to keep in touch especially since blogger has been doing something wonky and my reading list only comes up when it feels like it, so I haven't been able to comment like I want to. I'm still here. No worries!