Total Weight Loss

Friday, June 19, 2015

Unashamed Gushing

Be forewarned, this post is all about my nieces and how adorable they are!!

Yesterday my nephew, his wife and two little girls came over.  It was a blast.  My nephew and his wife are certainly enjoyable company but the girls are a scream.  They are 2 1/2 and 5 months.

The 5 month old thinks everything is funny.  She laughs out loud at the slightest provocation.  It is so much fun to make her laugh.  Then we laugh which makes her laugh even harder.  We have got to get that on video.  We could go viral with that.

The 2 1/2 year old loves life.  She is talking a blue streak and loves to help.  She had a great time running through the house (why walk when you can run!) relaying messages.  That was hilarious.  65MD would tell her to come tell me something, she would, and I would send a message back.  The funniest part was we could hear each other telling her what to say and then hearing her say it.

We decided to make pizza for supper so of course the 2 1/2 year old helped.  She took everyone napkins on at a time.  Then she delivered drinks.  She walked slowly and carefully for this task.  Everyone got glasses that were only 2/3 full to avoid any sloshing out issues.  She was so proud of herself for helping, her little chest was all puffed out and she was eager for the next task.

I let her sprinkle cheese on the pizza.  Her mom helped with this job because she kept putting the cheese in the same place.  She was very neat and careful with it though.  Her mom smoothed out the cheese and turned the pan to help spread the cheese evenly.

I told her that I was proud of her and that she was a good helper.  Then she looked up at her mom and said "Good job, Mommy!"  It was precious.  I told her mom later that she was a good parent.  Obviously her little girl had heard those words and knew to repeat them.  

Her mom told me that she does really like telling people that they are doing a good job.  She found her Daddy in the bathroom doing what men do, when they sit down and loudly announced that he was doing a good job!!

I am still laughing!!

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Good job!

    I'm betting mom and dad would not like it if they went viral but I'd love to see the video. Gotta love that age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very camera shy with the girls. I'm trying to honor that. It is hard not to post pictures of their cuteness!

      Delete
  2. Bwahahaha! Kids have no filter at all, and it usually makes for a great laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete