Total Weight Loss

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Disjointed Ramblings

I don't  have anything planned to say today.  It just seems like time to post something.  So, I'll start typing and see what comes out!

I'm on a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday schedule for therapy.  And MWF, I've decided to stick with the Wii for now.  No deadline on that, I'll just see how I feel in a few weeks and step it up if I need to.  I'd like to be able to do 45 minutes of sustained exercise, but even counting the time deciding which game to play, I'm not up to 45 minutes.

I realized yesterday that I was supposed to up my therapy by one round when I went to three days.  I've been doing 2 sets of 10 of each of my exercises.  Now, it is to be 3 sets of 10.  Oh well!  Just one day missed.  I haven't done today's yet.

My day got thrown all out of whack, when I had a major nosebleed soon after I got up.  I've had epic nosebleeds since childhood.  I had a cauterization in my late 20's when they got quite bad.  I still have them from time to time anyway.  The treatment is a good snoot full of Afrin.  It takes a while to stop and then I'm left with a screaming headache.  I wound up laying down for a while to get over all of that.  At least these days, I'm OK with a lie down in the daytime.

My stamina is coming back.  I can generally make it through to about suppertime most days without a rest.  65MD is good to help get the meal together.  He's always cleaned up, so that is good.  Because by then I'm running on fumes.  Most of our evenings are spent watching Netflix! That means no progress on the floor, but that's OK.  It will get done eventually.

I went to Target all by myself yesterday.  No husband, or other companion, and no cane.  I can't remember last time that happened.  It seemed a little strange to me.  I realized as I was walking in, that I was treading very lightly as though I was walking on ice.  I realized that I probably looked like a moron and tried to walk at a more normal pace.  Once I got the cart, I think I did better.  I sort of used it for support.  Next challenge - the grocery store.

65MD is recovering nicely from the hernia repair.  He still has another week or two with lifting restrictions.  He's had a horrible allergic reaction.  His arms and front torso have been covered with a horribly itchy rash since right before Christmas.  We decided it was the poinsettias he carried, just a few days before Christmas. Even though he had on a shirt, something must have gotten on his skin.  We've learned that it is a similar allergy as a latex allergy.  He's not been allergic to that in the past, but we've also learned this type of allergy can spring up at any time.

That's all I can think of for now.  Maybe I'll have something more interesting next time.


  1. Glad you got to get out You are progressing. That floor can wait till summer when 65md has a break.

  2. Woo hoo!!! You are up and to Target by yourself. You are moving and being active! You are rocking it!!!!

  3. Your statement about not getting 45 minutes even with deciding which game to play gave me a chuckle. :) Hate that your hubby is having all that itching! Itching is miserable, for sure! Yay for a trip out alone, even if you did act cautiously.