Total Weight Loss

Saturday, January 2, 2016

It's Been How Long?

It doesn't seem like more than two weeks since I've blogged, but it has been.  We had a wonderful Christmas season.  How can it be otherwise with a three year old?  She was thrilled with every aspect.  She was as happy to hand out gifts as she was to open them.  Of course, lots of us were needing assistance opening gifts this year.  She loves her family and if one person isn't there she notices and wants to know why they aren't there.  She'll continue to ask if she doesn't like the answer she is getting!

The family was in town until yesterday.  As usual they came and went on slightly different schedules.  We were all together except for one nephew and his wife, on the 26th.  That was as close as we got to having everyone in the same place at the same time.

65MD had minor surgery on the 29th.  It hit us both a little harder than anticipated.  For some strange reason, anesthesia makes him grumpy.  He says and does things that he'd never, ever consider doing 'sober'.   It is like living with an angry toddler.  He can't be reasoned with and is quite willful.  When he took his pain meds for home, it made him frantic.  He could not stop talking.  He took it right before bed thinking it would help him go to sleep.  Nope!  He thought of a million very important things to ask me.  Once again like living with a toddler.  I, however, was exhausted by the day and really needed my rest.  I think I fell asleep while he was talking.  He decided not to take any more of that, and took OTC meds instead.  It has helped but not like the hard stuff would.

I decided it was time for me to just suck it up and push through.  No more time for being babied, it was time to be a big girl and power through.  That worked until about 8:00 PM on the 31st.  I was getting sore throughout the day but it was the last full day of family time so I just ignored it.  I got up to go to the bathroom and had a spasm so bad, I nearly fainted from the pain.  (And then the embarrassment of being on the toilet when it hit!)

Of course my family thought it was time for the ER, I thought it was time for percocet and a soft bed.  I won.  The only problem with that plan was I could not get up the steps to get inside my house.  Two of my nephews followed us home, and got me inside.  I took a pill, and made myself a cozy place in the bed and watched the second half of the football game.  I woke up much better but still quite sore.

Yesterday, I spent the day relaxing and plan to again today.  Tomorrow, I'll go to church but not try anything more than that so that I can get back into my regular schedule on Monday.  We'll see.


  1. I am always stressed that I might have a heart attack on the toilet! My sister (nurse) told me it is really, really common and that has had me petrified to push! Lol! You poor thing! I hope this gets better for you xoxo

  2. Two weeks...but holiowdays and lots of happenings in your life. :-) Back to normal now!!!

  3. Lots going on. Sorry to hear about " the great toilet incident of 2015". Hope you are getting past the pain and enjoying 2016!

  4. Sounds like you've had a busy holiday season. Take care of yourself. I hope 2016 is a good year for us all!

  5. I've been wondering about you, but I've not been blogging because of the time of year, either, so I figured it was that. :)

    Your post reminded me of my dad in two ways. The IV sedatives he was on made him AWFUL once he started being weaned. He said cuss words and didn't know some of the family. I was so worried it was a permanent mental change but it wasn't. Whew!

    Secondly, when they had to call in emergency staff it was because his BP went down to like 50/30 while trying to have a bowel movement on a bedside commode. I wasn't even in the room with him (a nurse was assisting), and all I could think was that he was going to die and I wouldn't even be there to comfort him because he was half naked! LOL Wasn't funny at the time, though.

    I'm sorry you had such a bad moment after all the fun days, but yay for feeling mostly back to normal.