Total Weight Loss

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Progress Report

This week is spring break week for 65MD.  We are enjoying not having a schedule so much.  I wasn't able to completely clear my schedule so I've had a couple of appointments.  Still, it has been nice to be a little more relaxed.  We needed it after last week!  I have good news to report in several areas.

Weight:  This morning the scale read 228.0, which is down 3.4 pounds for the week.  I admit I wasn't 100% focused for the full seven days.  If I can lose that much weight without trying hard, imagine what would happen if I did!  Of course, I have to temper that with the fact that my last weigh in was right after a trip.  Just getting back on board with drinking water and eating mostly home prepared meals was the biggest factor, I think.  Another bonus to having 65MD home this week, is we've been able to fully implement our plan to eat our big meal in the middle of the day.  

Exercise:  It was non-existent over the crazy weekend.  I got back with the therapy this week.  We've been working on household projects which require a lot more movement that I'm used to so I haven't tried to do anything more.  I've walked some in the yard.  I haven't ventured out in the neighborhood yet.  Nor have I gone to the gym.  A friend IRL told me about something called lace-locks.  I've ordered some.  Hopefully, that will get me over the shoe tying issue.  The weather is gorgeous here, begging me to go outside.  I have.  It has been wonderful just to sit in the sun and feel the warmth on my face.

Nutrition:  I am not following any particular plan.  The only thing, as I mentioned earlier is the big meal in the middle of the day.  It is something I prepare that is protein, and vegetables.  I think home prepared is the key.  Breakfast and supper are small, because I'm not really hungry.  I've avoided white flour and sugar, which isn't so hard with self prepared food.  I have guzzled the water.

Floor:  All of the full size squares in the middle of the floor have been laid.  It is curing now.  This afternoon we start on the edges.  That will be the most tedious part.  65MD still wants to move back there by the end of the week.  I don't want to until everything is ready.  I don't want to have to move twice.  I don't want to get comfortable back there and then have to move stuff around to get to a spot to finish.  Besides, that spot may not ever get finished.  We want to chalk paint the furniture black.  That will require us sleeping in the guest bed (read putting it up!) while we paint.  Since our bed is in the guest bedroom, we will have to make that part of the move no matter what.  I'm just excited that progress is being made.  We'll get the floor finished soon enough and then I'll have to get to work on finishing the pillow shams, bed skirt and curtains.

All in all a good week!


4 comments:

  1. Yay ! So much progress. I agree. Get it all done prior to moving back in or you will never finish. Can't wait to see the finished product. It will be so nice. So much has gone on since you started. It will be be relaxing just to have it all back together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the scale being so nice and the mostly relaxing week. The weather has definitely been gorgeous once the rain passed. :) The Lock Laces look like a great option. You'll have to do a review for us once you get them and start using them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it's been a great week!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just reminded me to go drink some water. :)

    ReplyDelete