Total Weight Loss

Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Did It!!

I did it.  I did it.  I did it!!!  I ate a vegetable!!  I made this pizza.  The 'crust' is from cauliflower.  I followed the recipe exactly and it was actually good.

I must admit I was quite dubious at first.  I've done Atkins enough to have tried the mashed potatoes thing and it still raises the hair on the back of my neck when I think of it.  But, I'd made a commitment and was determined to see it through.  My commitment waivered as I steamed the cauliflower before grating it.  That stuff smells like vomit to me.  I really could not imagine liking it.  And John wasn't real sure if he wanted to try it either.  I was already mentally processing the post about how hard I tried to like it and I was going to try something else again and much to my delight it was good.

It is better warm.  I got interrupted in the middle of my second slice and it wasn't quite as good cooled.

Another good thing is that I was satisfied after two slices.  The whole thing was maybe 10 inches in diameter.  I cut it in 6 slices.  I ate two and John even ate one.  I'd gotten some watermelon at the store when I got the cauliflower, so I wanted to have room for that.  My supper was 2 small slices of pizza and 4 large chunks of watermelon.  I felt so strong & healthy after eating that.

On another note, after much soul searching, I have ordered another round of hcg.  I really didn't want to.  I wanted to do this on my own.  Eventually, I'm going to have to.  I got a notice of a discount and took that as a sign that I should take advantage of the benefits it gives me.

That and the fact, that I can't squeeze of the 2 pounds I wanted to this week.  I'd forgotten about our spring pot luck at work. Although I made my choices very carefully, and got the car back on the road as soon as the meal was over, I still paid the price on the scales. I had a very good eating day today, so I'm expecting a downward tick in the morning.

I"m also reading The End of Overeating by David Kessler.  I'll post a review once I've finished it.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment