Total Weight Loss

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Not Much to Report

I'm still working crazy hours and will continue to probably through mid January.  I'm working with my current reality to get in some workouts.  Most of the time, I'm so exhausted that I just 'phone it in' so to speak.  I'm disappointed with the heart rate/calorie counter.  I haven't really been able to make it function like I think it should.  This afternoon, I decided to really give it my all on the elliptical.  I was beginning to get in the groove, getting a little sweat going, when it started buzzing.  I couldn't figure out why.  My heart rate wasn't too high, at all.  I tried to stop it but it is hard to do something else while on the elliptical.  The rhythm gets messed up.  Finally, I got so frustrated that I took it off.  I'll still try to figure it out, but maybe not when I'm so tired mentally.


I've decided to do the protein drinks through the end of the year, mostly because it is easy.  I don't have the brain power right now to figure out carbs or calories.  It is a pretty flexible program in that I can choose the meal I want to eat.  I can go to parties during the holiday season and use that as my meal for the day.  I'd like to continue to lose a pound or two each week through the end of the year, and at the first of the year hit it hard again - with everyone else in the country!!


By mid-January things should ease up at work and I'll get back in to my five day a week workouts.  Until then, I'll do the best I can, even if it is just one round of step aerobics on the Wii fit.  That is better than nothing, right?


I'll keep in touch.

1 comment:

  1. I really miss your more regular posts, but certainly understand about work schedules. I remember those days well. Life never stays the same, does it? And that's o.k. - it just requires constant reviewing and sometime that get cause us to get very weary of it all. Hang in there and cut yourself some slack, especially after you get home at night. For me, extra stress at work always meant extra stress in front of the fridge, so maybe the drinks are a good idea. Fewer choices to make!

    ReplyDelete