Total Weight Loss

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Party's Over

Early this morning, my number one nephew left for Harvard.  Last I heard from him, he was in Boston.  A few hours later, I took my sister and her three children to the airport for their trip home.  I just got a text saying that they arrived safely.  Sometime today my number two nephew will be headed to a new town a couple of hours from here to pursue employment opportunities there. 

It is a strange feeling to have my family so far flung for the moment.  I'm a little sad, but mostly I'm proud.  I'm proud of my nephews for following their dreams and their success.  They've worked hard and earned it.  Even though we'll be apart, I know that I'll still be in touch.  When they lived in town, we communicated more via phone, text and email than we did in person.  We'll still do that.


My next eating challenge is tonight.  It is a university wide faculty reception at a posh country club south of town.  It is being called a 'stand up dinner' which means small things to pick up and eat.  I'll eat what is appealing.  If this proves to be like year's past, it wont be too hard.  There is generally been a good variety of fruit and veggies.  I'll stick with that as much as possible. 

Tomorrow, it will be back to work and more of my routine.  Friday, we have dinner for the College of Business faculty.  It is the same menu every year, so I know how to plan for that as well.  Even with these two challenges, I expect most of the gain from the week, will fall right back off and I'll have good news on Saturday's post.

1 comment:

  1. It must be so strange for you with so many people leaving at once.

    I am sure you'll do great at the dinners, you seem to have thought it all through beforehand, and that makes it so much easier to make good choices.

    ReplyDelete