Total Weight Loss

Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Mileage & Unplugging

I have a total of just over 270 miles so far this year.  I didn't get the mileage in last week that I have in weeks past.  I'm not happy about it, but I feel like I did all I could do.  I'm sort of getting the hang of giving myself the latitude to simply do the best I can, rather than meet some unrealistic expectation.  It keeps me from just throwing up my hands and giving up like I used to.  I wish I'd discovered this little secret earlier in life.

This week will be a good week.  65MD and I are headed to the beach.  He has a seminar, and I plan to rest my mind.  (Academics know how to have a seminar, we've got another one coming up that will be on a cruise ship!)  I am taking my pedometer and expect to get in lots and lots of steps walking on the beach.  Last year I saw a dolphin on one of my morning jaunts on the beach.  Maybe I'll see another one this year.  What I won't be doing is blogging, reading blogs, emailing, texting or anything else technology related.  I'll have my cell phone in case of emergency, but otherwise, I'll be unplugged for the rest of the week.

Make it a great week, everyone!  I plan to.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun at the beach and get all that well deserved rest!! You look beautiful in the pics! If you see a dolphin get a picture!! If you can snap it that quick. By the time I got the camera ready they'd be gone lol. have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you're already gone, but if not, hope you have a great week. And I'm all for the unplugging thing. I just don't have the guts to actually do it. Truth is, I miss my blog friends!!

    ReplyDelete