Total Weight Loss

Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Mileage

I only got 58,448 steps last week.  I'm bummed that I didn't get to my goal, but not upset (I hope that makes sense!)  I know I did the best I could this week.  I had issues with weather, work and hip pain.  What I did not do was debate about if I wanted to walk or not.  There were no internal battles about should I or shouldn't I.  I'm glad I'm in that place mentally.  It is a place I never really thought I'd be.  I'm not sure how long it will last because feelings like this can be so fickle.  For the year I have 447 miles.  It is certainly reasonable to believe I'll reach my ultimate goal of 1000 miles this year.  That is what matters most.

Just a quick update about my life now.  It is taking two people to replace me at work.  One started today and the other will start July 2.  My last day of employment is June 29, but I've agreed to come back on an hourly basis in July to ensure a smooth transition.  As we all know, showing someone how to do something takes a lot longer that just doing it.  I expect some long days the next three or four weeks.  I'll continue to plug away at the steps, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to blog.  I'll check in with those I follow but we all know it takes a lot more time to write a post than read one.  I'm still here, just in the background for a while.

I fully expect that by early August, I'll be back to my blogging ways and I think I have a good plan in place as to how to structure my days as a self employed, working from home individual.  YAHOO!!!

5 comments:

  1. Once your schedule is a bit more flexible, perhaps we can finally have that lunch together once I get back home. My youngest niece (who lives just outside your city) just graduated from high school, so a day spent with her is on the immediate agenda. I'll be headed your way later in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That number of steps seems really huge to me, but I don't ever count steps so maybe I'm not a good person to judge that. LOL Best wishes with the job transition. I'm glad to see you also think it takes more time to write a post than read one. That's what I was getting at on my own blog last night. I sit down to write a "short" post, only I'm never able to keep it short. LOL You're def gonna make it to your 1000 if things keep as they are. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited for you and this new self-sustained life you're starting, and just in case you dont know your new boss is AWESOME! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I left my last job, they split it between three people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 447 miles!! That is awesome! I have no doubt you will reach your goals. Keep up the great work my Friend!!

    Stay focused!

    ReplyDelete