Total Weight Loss

Thursday, February 5, 2015

More Scattered Thoughts

I have a lot of topics floating around in my head that I'd like to turn in to blog posts, but none seem to stretch out enough to be a full post.  Here are the ones that are on my mind today:

Brown Fat:  I've been reading a lot about it lately and how it is the good essential fat in our bodies.  We need to 'cultivate' it because it burns calories like muscles.  It grows when we are cold.  If that is true, I should be just about pure brown fat by now!!

The 1:1:1 Diet:  Not for me.  I checked the book out of the library.  The whole premise of the plan is to eat one fat, one carb and one protein at every meal.  All food is acceptable on this plan, just keep it balanced, as in 1 of each macronutrient and portion control.  I know myself well enough to know that I'd quickly lose control.  It might be a good maintenance plan for me though.

Trim Healthy Mama: This plan appeals to me the most, but I can't seem to get it in gear for some reason.  I'm not worried right now because I'm still on the hcg.  This is the plan I want to do when I run out of the hormones.  I have a lot of the unique ingredients, so it makes sense for me to do this, even if it is until I use those things like I'm doing with the hcg.  Somehow, I'm just blocked.  Maybe because I need to focus on my current plan.

My Current Plan:  To finish the hcg, which is at least another week, maybe closer to two.  Then move the the low carb transition plan for 21 days.  That is as close to zero carbs as possible, but still portion controlled on the protein.

Valentine's Day:  65MD was open to the idea of a couples massage, so that is a possibility.  We've talked several times about what we want to do, but have only come up with one definite agreement.  We don't have to do anything on Valentines' Day if we don't want to!  We have a travel account that we put money in instead of exchanging gifts on various gift giving occasions.  We have come up with a figure we'll deposit in to that.  That may be the end of it, and that is fine with us.

My Hip:  I am very pleased with the way my right hip feels most of the time.  I'm still not up to full speed all the time.  That will come.  The shot has kicked in for my left hip, so it is better for now.  I am still doing the pre-op exercises.  I'm sure that, along with the weight loss has helped both hips.

Sleep:  It is good! The medication is now at therapeutic levels.  I take one at bedtime and most nights sleep all night long.  Most nights, I don't even have to get up to go to the bathroom.  Hallelujah!

See?  A lot of various topics but not a lot of discussion on any.  That is just how my brain is these days.


3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of brown fat! You just gave me something to google. LOL I'm so glad your hip and our sleep is good now! That's awesome. I had never heard of 1:1:1 until you mentioned it in a different post one day. Interesting, but I don't even think I want to know. My brain is so full. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, brown fat... it rings a teensy, tiny bell somewhere at the back of my mind but I think Dr Google will be for me too.

    Glad to hear that the pain is moderating - helps a lot. Well done you for going on with the pre-op exercises. I know moving (even when I don't want to - er, especially when I don't want to!) certainly helps me.

    Whatever you do for Valentine's I hope you both have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you've got it under control and whatever you do it'll be successful because you have the knowledge and determination to make it happen.............you got this girl!

    ReplyDelete