Total Weight Loss

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wednesday Weigh In

As of this morning, I have lost 50.4 lbs.  I have 39 pounds to get to the goal weight my doctor set for me.  I'm leaning more and more towards making that my ultimate goal weight.  I haven't fully decided.  I might try and maintain at that weight and see how I feel before fully deciding.

I have lost 13.5 inches from my bust, waist, & hips since the beginning of this journey nearly 5 years ago.  The most exciting part for me is a 3 inch loss around my belly button area since last week!  (I did not take that measurement 5 years ago, so it is not included in the 13.5 inch total.)  I measured 3 times because I was sure that I was doing something wrong, like twisting the tape or slipping up from my belly button.  After three tries, I decided I had actually lost 3 whole inches in my worst area!!!!!

My clothes are fitting better and some are even getting loose.  I think in a few more weeks, I'll have to sort through my clothes and donate the ones that are too big.  I am excited that I'll be able to shop in my own closet for smaller clothes.  In fact, I'll have a fairly complete wardrobe at my goal weight.  I might add a piece or two as a reward, but I'm glad to have plenty of clothes all the way down.

I've been shopping a bit for a new bathing suit.  65MD and I have a summer trip to the beach planned.  (It makes us feel good to have something like that to look forward to in the cold months!)  We realized at the end of last summer that my current suit was on the way out.  

I had bought it a few years ago as a transition suit.  I'd been losing well but was not quite to my goal weight and needed a new one.  It has served me well, but is showing age.  I'd like to be much closer to my goal weight before actually making a purchase.  I am trying to make this my grand prize for getting to or very close to my goal weight.

I've just been looking at pictures on the internet rather than actually trying suits on.  So far, nothing has really struck my fancy except some cool retro suits.  I'll have to find them IRL to see how they actually look on my body.  That could be a challenge.  That's OK.  I've got plenty of time.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the ultimate goal, The Swimsuit! You will get there. 3 inches in one week! Awesome! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohooo, 3 inches is AWESOME! You are well on your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually seeing your clothes change how they fit is the best weight loss reward. I love shopping in my own clothes closet!

    ReplyDelete