Total Weight Loss

Friday, August 24, 2012

And So It Begins

Tomorrow is my birthday.  Tonight is the first dinner out to celebrate.  I have another tomorrow and one on Sunday.  Now, I'm all about the party.  Nothing makes me happier with being with the people I love no matter what the reason.  I am thrilled to have so many people that want to celebrate with me.  I want so much to embrace the moment and enjoy the love that surrounds me.  I do not want to spoil it by obsessing over carbs, or calories.

On the other hand, I have had a fabulous week with my steps, my food and my water.  Funny how letting myself of the hook of trying to do everything all the time allowed me to actually do it.  I know how precarious these times are.  I know that one little slip or even a planned indulgence can send me in to a tailspin that can take weeks to overcome.  I'm still battling a 30 pound tailspin.  I really feel like I turned things around this week.  I want to stay on this course.

I need to find that place of balance where I'm happy with myself and my choices but not burdening everyone else with them.  Here's hoping for the best this weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Oh boy, just been there, so know full well all those emotions rolling around in your head. Nothing I can say that you don't already know. Hang in there and don't give up or in.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know you've just been through this yourself. I eagerly read your posts about it.
      Lori

      Delete
  2. hmmmm mayhaps a happy birthday cookout with hotdogs and burgers sans bun of course, or salmon, chicken, etc etc. why dont all your peeps do a 5k walk through the woods with you to celebrate! ]i was watchin top chef and the one guy got married at th lincoln memorial (he's lost 120 pounds) all his friends met 1 mile from there and ran to the ceremony. i LOVE that you can change traditions to suit your new life. and i DEFINATELY wanna do something NOT food related for my bday in may! whatever you do have a spectacular day, i'm gonna have a low carb feast in your honor and mayhaps a bellydance too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed a summer tradition with an idea of yours. And I didn't mention that tomorrow's party does involve smoking a pork butt! Portion control will be my biggest problem there.

      Thanks for the feast & belly dance in my honor.
      Lori

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday, lady! :) I hope you really enjoy it, calories and all. The next day will be a new day, the start of a new year of life, and a brand new fresh slate. You'll do great. Hope you truly enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Lori! My advice? Just do your best. Don't forget your goals, give yourself a treat or two to celebrate and then hop right back on the train and keep chugging on toward your goal. Reaching your goal this year would be a heck of a birthday gift to yourself, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Just remember our celebrations with friends & family are about just that, the people there; not food. You can enjoy yourself by putting them at the center of the party and not the food.

    ReplyDelete