Total Weight Loss

Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Mileage

As of last night, I have 556 miles in for the year.  I'll have to step it up a bit to get in 1000 miles for the year.  I'll get pretty darn close even if I don't make it.  Obviously, my hiatus included fewer steps.  And, I know working from home will create a challenge with getting the steps in.  I know myself well enough to know that I can get quite focused for extended periods of time.  I'm considering bringing my kitchen timer in to my office.  I'll set it for intervals and when it sounds, I will have to take a walk.  I'm going to try it on my own for a day or two first.

This morning I got up and took a short walk outside.  It was steamy already this morning.  In keeping with my office tradition, every time I go to the bathroom, I'll walk around my house - literally outside unless it is raining.  I'll resume my evening walks as well.  If that doesn't work, I'll get the kitchen timer.

I'm beginning to realize that with a more flexible schedule, most days will be different.  Even though that is what I want, I will have to figure some ways to adapt so that I still accomplish my mileage goal.  I can and I will.

Thanks for the sweet comments welcoming me back and expressing concern for 65MD.  Surgery is scheduled for 8:30 am and we live in the central time zone.  We both appreciate your prayers.

4 comments:

  1. I know you will make your mileage goals!! Keep it up!!

    Stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy for you, i KNOW you're gonna do FNATASTIC! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've got your mind set on getting your steps in no matter what adjustments you need to make; good for you!

    -Patrick
    http://responsibility199.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete