Total Weight Loss

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Don't Know

When I wrote the blog entry yesterday, it was in the interest of being honest. I don't know exactly what I was expecting from my readers. I knew better than to think I'd get any fingers wagged in my face, so to speak, telling me that I knew better. I've largely stopping doing that to myself even. (I like to think of it as a sign of maturity rather than giving my self permission to screw up.) I have several readers that comment regularly and I knew they might very well offer words of encouragement. They did.

But what I got even moreso, was comments identifying with me. I got plenty of "I hear ya, girl!" type feedback. That gave me comfort. It confirmed for me that I'm not alone on this journey. More importantly it gave me the impetus to move ahead.

Once again, I've got a week of travel (read eating out every meal) ahead. Instead of thinking, I'll slough it off and hit it hard when I get back; I'm trying to hit it as hard as I can between now & Monday. Since I know I'll have a bounce up when I get back, I want to minimize it. Quite frankly, I'm tired of losing this 5 or 6 lbs over and over again.
Here's my plan: hcg until we leave, three weeks low carb (including the week I'm gone), three weeks hcg, three weeks low carb until I get to goal. Easy!! Right now, I don't have any obstacles until late June, when there will be another family birthday. That's too far away to worry about besides the fact that my family it totally supportive, just like my blog community.

3 comments:

  1. YOu know, your post yesterday has been the difference in my day today - staying away from the Mother's Day chocolate! Seriously! So yes, we all need each other!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful knowing how to deal ahead of the curve is power! and i agree the 6 pounds i put back on this week needs to go for good! we CAN do this! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI - I quoted you on my blog today! Thanks so much for your encouragement!
    D

    ReplyDelete