Total Weight Loss

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

65MD asked me on Sunday if I wanted to go out to eat tonight.  I said that I didn't.  I didn't want to be out in the crowds.  Instead, I said I would much rather us have a nice evening at home. In fact, I thought it would be a good idea for him to prepare our evening meal.  I even said that I would suspend any eating rules I had for the meal.  He could make whatever he wanted and I would eat it.  Then I had second thoughts!!! 

Sometimes his menu selections are, let's just say, odd.   I decided to channel his thoughts a bit and suggested that he make something special from our history.  I reminded him of the time when we were newly dating and he made waffles.  I meant that as a suggestion to get his mind moving in that direction.  I was hoping that he'd think of something else we'd eaten together on a special occasion, or had a special meaning for just the two of us.  Apparently, he heard "Please make waffles for me on Valentine's Day."  Last night he mentioned something about having waffles for supper tonight.

So, I will happily eat waffles tonight and enjoy the company of the man I love, knowing that he only wants to give me what I want.  It makes me smile even thinking about it as I type.  I'm one lucky girl.  I won't let a few extra carbs ruin my happiness.

I hope all of my readers are equally blessed.  Have a happy day.

3 comments:

  1. I would never dare let my husband decide what to make for me! Eeek. Don't tell him, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm with Karen! Funny, though about trying to 'channel his thoughts'--my DH sounds amazingly similar. You're a sweetheart to go along with his plan and I'm sure you'll be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story! He sounds like a great guy!

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete