Total Weight Loss

Saturday, July 3, 2010

All For Naught

I'm back from the family gathering.  We anticipated 10-12, and had twice that.  Good for me, we ran out of hamburgers.  I was at the end of the line by design.  I didn't think there would be enough to go around and I certainly didn't mind giving that up.  I was correct on the anticipated side dishes, so I ate lots of watermelon.  I got three nice sized chunks, which was probably about 3 cups.  It was good & cold and juicy just like I like it. 

There was no homemade ice cream of any kind, so all my mental gymnastics as to if I was deluding myself was all for naught.  Oh well, I'd rather be prepared than not..


I am not saying however, that I was all good at the gathering.  For dessert there was key lime pound cake which was store bought and not a temptation at all.  There was strawberry pie, which somehow just didn't look appetizing so I skipped it.  Finally, there were homemade chocolate chip cookies.  I made them.  I ate three.  YUM!!  I feel OK about that.  It wasn't the most nutritionally balanced meal, but it was by no means out of control.


J-boy was behind me in line so he didn't get a burger either.  He had a taste for one, so we grilled burgers for supper tonight.  I feel good about that because we had extra lean ground beef, and I skipped the bun.  We also grilled some fresh corn on the cob.


For the day, I've had lots of watermelon, chocolate chip cookies, 4 oz grilled ground beef, and an ear of corn!! 


BTW, I started a sparkpeople page.  I'm going to go log my food now and see how many calories I had.

4 comments:

  1. You have your challenges behind you and did well, mine start in a couple of hours. We have not one, but two, events this afternoon and evening. One is a cookout, so I can sort of anticipate the menu, but the other is a total surprise. I have NO idea. Should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud you so much for your efforts. I just caught up on the last week or so of your blog and I had a few thoughts to share.

    a) I know you know this, but don't be so hard on yourself. Please take time every day to remember how far you've come. You have been so generously supporting me, do the same for yourself! Be your own cheerleader as well! Your loss so far is huge, and I think you need to take time to appreciate that. I know it can be frustrating feeling that your body is betraying you when the scale doesn't reflect your hunger and denial. I have been through that so many times. However, I can't imaging being so close to your goal and stalling, I am sure it is the frustrating end to a long, difficult journey.
    b) I read that you're off artificial sweeteners...can you do Stevia? I have been using that for 3 weeks, and thought it didn't have the bad effects of other artificial sweeteners? I would think you could do a sugar free ice cream that way.
    c) I made a coffee granita this week that would totally take care of your icee craving. You can make them with any sort of fruit-strawberry, watermelon, etc. I made mine with coffee because that way it would be a "free" treat and not one of my fruits. Maybe that would help with some of those cravings, it is relatively easy, you just have to babysit it in the freezer for 6-8 hours to get the right consistency.
    I do agree with the person who posted that you may not be getting enough calories. You could be so used to the lo-cal hcg that your perception is off. When I was on WW I had to eat the higher calorie plan to ever have a loss. You are doing great so far!!!! I am so impressed with how far you've come. Thanks as always for the inspiration! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,
    I wish you the best. I know you can do it.

    Ms. Marsha,
    Thanks for the support. I am and always have been way harder on myself than other folks.

    I have some stevia growing in the back yard. I'm going to dry & use that just as soon as it is ready.

    The granita is a great idea. I was mainly wanting something icy cold, so that could definitely fit the bill.

    I signed up for sparkpeople. I'm going to try to use that to count calories. I wouldn't be surprised if I've really lost all perspective on the calorie thing because 1600 sounds like a huge amount to me. I'm going to do that in between hcg.

    I'll just do the best I can while I'm gone later this week. I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, was getting worried about you since you hadn't posted in several days. Now I see you were going to be out of pocket. Hope you are having a good time. I look forward to your posts and miss them pretty quickly when an unusually long time goes by between posts.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete