Total Weight Loss

Friday, July 16, 2010

What Dreams May Come

I've always had very vivid dreams, that I remember. I have childhood memories of telling my sisters my dreams in the morning time.  Now J-boy has that pleasure. 
 
When I began dieting in earnest and actually losing weight about 16 months ago, I started having dreams about eating entire cakes.  In the dreams, I would eat the cake without realizing what it was. The cake would be disguised somehow as something else.  I wouldn't know until it was too late and I had already done the damage.  I would be so distressed in my dream trying desperately to figure out what to do to rectify the situation.  When I woke, I was always relieved to find out it wasn't real.  I'd had similar dreams when I lost weight in my middle 20's.  Aside from the occasional thought about what might be wrong with my psyche, I really didn't give the dreams much thought.
 
Last night I dreamed that I was lost in a hospital.  J-boy and I had come there together, but had gotten separated, and a very nice lady was leading me back to him.  It was a very long trip and so I ate some pineapple to give me strength to make it.  Along the way she stopped for frozen watermelon.  It didn't look that appealing to me, so I passed. Then I began to get hungry and got myself a grapefruit.  We were getting on the elevator when the alarm went off. 
 
I laid there for a good long while wondering what had happened in my subconscious mind.  I am choosing to believe that something deep inside of me has truly changed.  I recognize healthy food when I see it now.  I choose healthy options, and I pass up food if I'm not hungry - at least in my dreams!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing. Gave me goose bumps! I have reoccuring dreams too. I had one were I was looking for the "key". I would usually wake my huggy up and ask him if he knew where it was. Night after night!! Then I started this weight loss journey and that dream stopped. Since then I am dreaming about my night routine, like I've missed getting something done before going to bed. I actually get out of bed and look for things by my dresser. So strange. I sound like a nut!! But it seems I'm working something out and once I get it figured out, then I get a new dream.

    Be interesting to see what you will dream next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think dreams sometimes tell us things.

    Maybe you've found the weight loss key.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete