Total Weight Loss

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday Scale Says

This morning the scale read 173.8.  That is 28.8 pounds from my goal.


I decided to measure this morning as well.  It had been about 6 weeks, so it was time.  I lost one inch in my bust, one inch in my waist, one inch in my hips and one inch in my thigh.  The other measurements stayed pretty much the same arms, wrist, calves & ankles. 

I noticed that in 6 weeks I'd only lost about 5 pounds, so I was a little surprised about the measurements.  I'm hoping that it is that old muscle mass thing I keep hearing about.  As long as my body is shrinking over all, I almost don't care what the scale says.


I'm off to the family reunion soon.  I'll report back my success there as soon as I am able.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the measurements! That shows up better in the way your clothes fit than pounds do.

    Hope the reunion goes well. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrat on the measurements. Same thing happening to me. I think the measurements mean more than weight loss. I have not lost great amounts of weight, but every day someone says they think I look smaller. My son even did a double take look at me this morning. He saw me in my craft room and wondered who was here. Could not believe it was me. That's kind of fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the loss of inches. That is what it is really all about, right?

    Enjoy the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did well with my eating at the reunion. Everyone was so shocked when they saw me, I almost had no choice but to stay on plan! Funny thing, I'd seem most everyone last year and had lost around 40 to 45 pounds then. Hardly anyone said anything then. This year I was called "skinny" more than once. OK, it was the same cousin, and I love him for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori!
    I just found your blog. Big congrats on moving under the "obese" category!! Woo Hoo! I am on my way there too! Good job. :)

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great! I'm of the same opinion...as long as my body is shrinking who cares about the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the loss of both pounds and inches! SO close to goal - how awesome!

    ReplyDelete