Total Weight Loss

Monday, July 12, 2010

What A Rotten Day!

Last night as I was going to bed, I began to think that I just needed to get over the whole 'normal' eating thing.  That my life is pretty good, and eating like I am now, low carb/low cal, isn't the worst thing that can happen to a person.  It seemed like a switch had been flipped in my brain.  Eating like this would be no problem going forward.  Many other people have far worse problems, all I have to do is just eat less.  How easy is that?  I had already packed my lunches for the week, and measured out my protein for my evening meals.  I was in good shape and ready to take on the challenge.  Then today happened.


It was awful.  Every single thing I tried to do was messed up somehow.  I ran in to obstacle after obstacle.  When I finally felt like I was beginning to make progress someone had some piddly, stupid something that they could easily deal with, but some how my involvement was vital.  Just as I thought, the only thing that could make today worse would be if someone died.  The moment I had that thought, the phone rang.  It was my mother telling me that her sister was very sick and she was going to be with her.  She's not in danger of dying, but she is quite sick.  Then I ran in to an old friend who told me that a mutual friend had died!! Reliving this much is making my head hurt, so I'll stop.


Let's just say, I've been humbled.  I'm not the great conqueror that I envisioned myself being as I drifted off to sleep last night. I'm a mere mortal.  Bad stuff happens.  Some times it all happens in one day.


The good news is, at one point during this I also thought, that I hadn't had the idea to eat something to make myself feel better.  That was huge!!  As I was walking in the house this afternoon, I thought 20 minutes or so on the elliptical would make me feel better!!  Oh dear, what is happening to me!!


And I think tomorrow will be better...I don't want to know how it could be worse...

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lori, I am so sorry. Is this the sister you just got back from visiting? Returning to work after time off can sometimes make one question whether it was even worth it. Hang in there - you really are going through a rough patch all the way around. Wish there was something more I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon. It is my mother's sister that is sick. She was stable last night, and I haven't heard this morning. I am taking the 'no news is good news' attitude.

    I'm not used to being in such a low place for such a long time. It has to be over soon.

    ReplyDelete