Total Weight Loss

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Icy Cold Drinks

I blogged a week or so ago about drinking a Frozen Coke and how much I love that icy coldness in the summer time.  Ms. Marsha suggested trying granitas.  I had a real aha moment wondering why I didn't think of that myself.  That's why I blog, I get so much good advice and support.
 
For the last two nights, I've given myself a frosty treat.  They've been good, and I feel satisfied and just a little pampered.  I don't really have the patience to make a granita.  I have a Vita-Mix and that thing crushes ice like no body's business.  My first experiment was lemon flavored.  I can't seem to get enough lemon lately.  I put the juice of one lemon, a couple of stevia packages, ice and a little water in and whirled for a few seconds.  It was nice and cold, but not quite as lemony as I would like.  Next time, I'm going to try adding some zest.
 
Last night's creation was strawberry.  I used 7 ounces of whole strawberries, two stevia packages, ice & water.  It was quite good.  I'm thinking now, all I have to do is switch up the fruit and I can have a different frosty treat every night.  With some of the sweeter fruits, I won't even have to put in the stevia.

Now, I'm off to decide what flavor to make tonight...

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the pic of you and J-boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very refreshing!!! I love drinks like that!! Have a great day!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, Thank you for reading my entire blog. Bless your heart, I hope you were not bored to death!!!

    My goodness the picture that I see on my comments is so different then how you look today. What an amazing tranformation!!!

    Gives me hope!!!

    Have a wonderful day!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, I love that picture of us too. It is one of my favorites. He took it by holding tha camera out in front of us. We had no idea if it would turn out or not. We were really just being silly.

    Joy, I really enjoy being on this journey with others. I've been surprised by the sense of community I feel. It has been a tremendous help for me. And I'm a newbie too.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lori!! I finally made it here and now I'm following you!! Yay! :) Thank you again for the award the other day. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the thing to paste into my blog. I could copy it okay, but nothing would paste. It's okay, though. Thank you for thinking of me, dear girl.

    Love you!!

    Love, Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracie,
    I'm sorry. I'm not technically savvy enough to know what to do.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete