Total Weight Loss

Monday, July 26, 2010

No Longer Obese!!

I did it, I did it, I finally, finally did it!  Today I broke through the barrier between overweight and obese!!!  I've been very, very close for a long time.  I didn't go back to look when I blogged about it the first time because I didn't want anything to harsh my mellow! 
 
When I got up Saturday morning, I knew it would be close.  As I blogged on Saturday, I was just 0.3 lbs away.  In the afternoon I decided to check my weight on the Wii.  I thought there might be enough difference between the two that I could make if official.  I told J-boy that I was about to do a body test on the Wii because the possibility existed that I might no longer be obese!  Being ever supportive, he came in to witness the momentous occasion.  Sadly, it was not yet meant to be.  My BMI was 30.04.  I was undaunted, knowing that on Sunday I would get the news for which so long I had yearned.
 
Sunday morning I weighed and I was still 0.1 lbs in to obesity.  I did another body test on the Wii, and my BMI was 30.00!!  I still heard that little cartoon like voice taunting me saying "That's obese!"  I longed to hear what it said for the overweight.  J-boy told me not to expect much.  It would probably be the same little cartoon voice saying "That's overweight!"  I had yet to hear it,  No matter what.
 
This morning, once again I approached the scales with eager anticipation.  This morning I was rewarded.  My weight was 175.4!!  I am now 0.1 lbs down in to the overweight category.  The Wii played some sort of sad sounding tune and that same little cartoon voice said "That's overweight."  Then it suggested that I set a goal of a BMI of 22.  I'm not quite ready to make that commitment.  A weight of 145 should put me at a BMI below 25 where 'normal' begins.  I don't want to get unrealistic with what my body can do.  I'll make that decision once I get closer to 145.
 
I was very careful with my eating today because I don't want to pop back over that line.  I'll have some challenges for sure this week.  My sister and her children are coming tomorrow and will be here for the rest of the week.  I feel confident about my eating for the most part.  My challenge will be exercise.  I won't want to.  Truth be told I really don't ever want to.  With my niece and nephews here, I'll want to spend as much time as possible with them.  I doubt we'll have much time to run & play outside because it is dangerously hot outside.  Maybe I can interest my niece in some yoga...hmmm...we could do some poses with the Wii fit.
 
My biggest challenge of the week will be the family reunion on Saturday.  I have a plan as to what I'm going to eat.  I've mentally rehearsed smiling and sweetly saying "No, thank you."  to most if not all of the goodies.  I don't want to feel deprived and pig out it later, so I'm giving myself permission to have one treat if there is one that I feel cannot be missed.  Somehow giving myself permission alleviates the guilt and then the feelings of deprivation, etc.  What a mind game this whole thing is.
 
My ace in the hole, however, is a cousin that has had some great success of her own losing weight.  She will help me be strong.  Here's looking forward to a great week for all of us!
 

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, Lori!!! I'm doing a little happy dance!! Well, Mr. B just told me to stop - think I must have gotten between him and Vanna. I am so happy for you.

    Be careful. Sometimes when I reach a goal I've worked so hard for, I go through a let down period. Don't know what happens, but I mess up. With company coming and temptation on the horizon, be strong. Keep reminding yourself how good this feels.

    You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

    I'm a little concerned about back sliding too. I think I'll wear my tightest clothes to help me remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOOOHOOO!!!! Congrats! that is so great and I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOT!!!!

    You are NOT going to backslide! You are only going lower! You can do it. Being overweight so messes with your head, but we'll all be OK...

    Oh....and this weekend? I will be watching you! :D

    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ms M. We keep each other strong. So far no backsliding at all. I've continued to tick down a little bit more every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you Lori! I remember not that long ago I too went from obese to overweight and I was so proud of myself!!! Good for you and keep up the awesome work. Its hard to exercise when you are with company. But you will feel happy about it when you are done! At least thats what I tell myself as I am getting my sneakers and workout clothes on mumbling cranky things under my breath. hehe.

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete