Total Weight Loss

Friday, August 20, 2010

Victory Number One

Last night wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated.

I had time between work and the dinner to exercise, but not shower. I decided to go ahead and work out, but not to full intensity so that I didn't sweat!! I thought that would be better than not exercising at all and far better than getting all sweaty and then trying to be fancy!

Upon arriving, I discovered that there were lots and lots of good food options and I took advantage of most of them! All of the food was that little teeny tiny stuff. Since it was sort of a fancy event, it seemed proper just to take one or two. There was a table with fruits & cheeses, so I got two chunks of watermelon off of it. The 'main course' was some sort of bacon & tomato thing which I skipped; mini roast beef slider-type sandwiches. I ate the meat out of one and tossed the little bun. I also ate one shrimp. It was huge. There was also a vegetable table. I got three asparagus spears off of it. The plates were little and mine was fairly full at this point, so I stopped.

Then there was the demon dessert table. My choices were mini strawberry shortcake, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies (regular size), brownies (about 1" x 1") and strawberries. I grabbed 3 strawberries and one cookie because those are one of my very favorites and got away from there ASAP. The strawberries were some of the best I'd ever eaten. They were sweet & juicy and such a pretty, pretty red, almost like they weren't real. After I'd eaten mine, and a few people nearby commented as to how pretty they were, I began to wonder what had been done to them. I wondered if they'd been soaked in some sort of sugar concoction or something. I savored the cookie as much as I possibly could. My instincts were telling me to scarf that puppy down and get a handful more and pile those in too.  I squashed it as much as I could, after all I couldn't embarrass J-boy in front of his colleagues. I finally caved and ate one more cookie and a brownie.

It was a bit of a challenge to figure out how to put all of that stuff in sparkpeople, but I managed. When it was said  & done, I was a little surprised to see that I was actually under my calorie goal for the day. I decided that was OK, particularly since I had to guess as to how much roast beef was on that little bun, and stuff like that.
 
I'm calling this a success and am planning to build on it.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Its interesting how we tell ourselves that these are "inappropriate" foods but yet when they fit into our calorie counting they are not at all!! i think we are really learning something here!!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete