Total Weight Loss

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday Scale Says

This morning the scale read 172.2.  That is a loss of 3.4 since last week.  This may be my new normal for hcg rather than the dreaded plateau.  I keep hoping to get back up closer to the 0.75 lbs per day that I averaged in the past.  I'm doing the same stuff - eating well and exercising.  I am taking comfort in the fact that the scale is still moving down fairly consistently.  I get a bobble up every once in a while, but over all the trend is downward and that is good.  I have just got to get out of the 170's.  I'm sick of them!

But rather than re plow that ground I'd like to discuss cosmetic surgery.  Anyone know anything about that?  I'm considering very strongly at this point.  I've already visited with a surgeon.  I know a little about what is involved, with regard to the cost and time off from work.  I think I would feel much better about my body with the 'apron' gone from where my belly used to be.  My backside is beginning to be an issue with me again.  I'd forgotten how much I disliked it in particular when I had my whole body to gripe about!

I'd appreciate any stories or comments anyone has from personal experience or that of friends.  I'd like to know if the surgery was worth it, as in did the person really feel better about their body & body shape.  I know a lot has to do with the skill of the surgeon, but still even with the best surgeon, there is a huge emotional piece.  I'm wondering if it will be worth it from that stand point.

I'm also concerned about the weight 'lost' during surgery.  I know some of it is real because that skin is gone.  Anybody have any idea how much?  I'm sure it depends on how much skin is removed, but anyone know an average?  A weight loss of 109 isn't going to leave nearly as much skin hanging as a larger loss, but I'm wondering if I need to revise my goal weight.  If I lose 20 lbs of skin/tissue that will leave my weight at 125 which I think will be too thin.  If it is 5 or even 10, I think I'll keep my goal at 145.  Anything more than about 10 pounds, I think I'll revise my goal upwards.  I weighed 134 at my smallest in my 20's and I think that was too small even then.  Now, I don't think it is maintainable.

Help me out here.  What's the scoop?

1 comment:

  1. Never had the surgery, so I can't offer any news on the subject. However, when I get this weight off, I'm going to have a boob job and tummy tuck!! Can't wait!!!

    You are doing so awesome!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete