Total Weight Loss

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Anonymous Comments

I'm interrupting my weight loss blog to ask "What is up with these anonymous comments?"  Is any body else getting these?  They are 'comments' that are poorly written grammatically speaking, leading me to believe the author is not a native English speaker.  But, they really aren't comments at all but advertisements for other blogs, most of which I have no use for since I am a girl!  I'm getting anywhere from 3 to 6 of these a day!  The spam filter gets them so that they aren't published, but several of them make it to my email anyway for moderation.  I don't quite know how that works.  It is really OK, I just delete them.

I love comments.  I love the encouragement I get from my fellow bloggers.  I'm amazed sometimes how someone who doesn't know my IRL can know me better than I know myself.  Plenty of times, I've gotten comments from a reader and I've been shocked about what that person read in to my post.  issues were apparent to them but I hadn't seen it for myself.  I'm grateful for all the comments I get and especially grateful for those.

I try to pass along that same encouragement to my fellow bloggers.  I'm happy to plug a fellow traveler's blog.  I enjoy getting a shout out on another blog.  It is all part of it for me.  As difficult as this weight loss journey is, we all need a bright spot and blogging is one of mine.

Thanks to all my real commenters.  You ROCK!  For the others, I'm happy to keep on using that delete button.

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE comments and i seldom get any 3 is a BUSY blog for me and yet i've had over 11,000 views??? lolol and your comments always give me encouragement and insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spam-o-la,!! I'm getting a few. Opwe are stronger together , minus the spam, of course!!!! ;). Karen P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotten some from time to time, but mine aren't male endorsements. Maybe you mention your motorcycle driver too much! Haha, kidding. Mine are things like "this is a great post! have you checked out _____ yet? this product changed my life!" Good grief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I've been getting them too seems all of a sudden. Like you, I just go in and delete them. Most are comments on posts that are very, very old. Like you say, the filter works pretty well as I don't think any have actually made it to the blog. I'm hoping it's a phase that will pass since several have been from the same source. Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I know that I have had those comments from time to time, but certainly not a bunch of them at all...I never check my spam filter...
    TY for visiting my blog! Hope it encouraged you!
    D

    ReplyDelete