Total Weight Loss

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Conversations with 65MD

For my new readers, 65MD is my husband.  He asked for privacy's sake to be called '65 Mustang Driver on my blog.  While I wanted to respect his privacy, I did not want to type out that whole long moniker every time I referred to him, so we agreed on 65MD.  It adds an air of mystery to him, which is hilarious to me.

He has been a tremendous support for me all through this journey.  He needs to lose 20 or so pounds but has never struggled with his weight the way I have.  Still, he has been as helpful as he could be.  This is a journey that is often walked alone.  At least for me it has been since the battle is more between the ears than anywhere else.

He considered doing P90X with me but has decided not to.  I think it is a wise decision on his part. He has arthritis in his knees which is a hereditary condition and this high impact stuff won't help it.  He is still totally on board with me doing so.  This is how I know:

We were out the other night and stopped to get gas in the car.  As I sat there, I noticed domed drink lids, which are the hallmark of Icees, my favorite summertime drink.  There is nothing better on a hot summer day.  When 65MD got back in the car, I pointed at them and said I thought they had Icees here.  He said I didn't really want one, and I agreed.  I pointed out that it was a little cooler and I didn't want to drink anything that cold now.  He said that the reason I didn't want one was because I didn't want to ruin all my hard work.  He was right!  I'd been telling myself the very same thing and not just with Icees.

Secondly, I've struggled with the workouts.  Even the lean workout is grueling.  I'm sore.  Although I'm alone in the house, except for the dog, I am embarrassed by my lack of ability.  All those horrible memories of PE and gym come flooding back.  I was close to tears before this morning's routine was complete.  I emailed him and told him how I was feeling.  He sympathized and then gave me words of encouragement.  He gave me the will to continue.  He's fighting right along with me.

He loves me no matter what my size.  He's told me repeatedly that he wished I could make peace with my weight.  I know, however that I need to be healthier.  He understands that and keeps me going.  I need it.  I'll need it a lot more.  This could be a very long 90 days.

4 comments:

  1. Girl, you cry all you need to, but just don't quit! Then you'll REALLY feel depressed, and you know it. Do as little or as much as YOU can and don't worry about anyone else. Bless you for explaining MD. I have wondered everything, from whether you were talking about "middle daughter" at one point or if you were in a homosexual relationship and what MD would mean! ROFL, not kidding! But then you would throw me off by saying husband sometimes. So anyway, glad to put that to rest in my mind. haha That's great Mr. Mustang is there to support you. Means a lot, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BLESS HIM! Y'ALL ARE LUCKY TO HAVE ONE ANOTHER. THE SORENESS MEANS IT'S WORKINGAND THAT'S A GOOD THING! AS FOR YOU LACK OF ABILITY, PLEASE DARLIN YOU ARE A MACHINE AND YOU KNOW IT. THINK HOW HARD IT WAS AT THE VERY BEGINNING AND HOW MUCH MORE YOU DO NOW. I DONT EXPECT PERFECTION AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU JUST BE THE BEST GOSH DARN LORI YOU CAN! JUST MAKE SURE YOU DO THE WARM UPS AND COOL DOWNS AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER TO FLUSH THE LACTIAD ACID (makes you sore) OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM. ALSO A HOT SHOWER CAN HELP RIGHT AFTERWARDS. HAVE YOU TRIED BELLYDNCING HON? I HAVE A COPY OF THE GODDESS WORKOUT I'D BE HAPPY TO GIFT TO YOU JUST GIVE ME THE ADDY WHERE TO SEND IT. IT'S FUN AND RELAXING TOO, PLUS GREAT FOR THE WAIST AND VIRTUALLY NO-IMPACT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we could kill 'em, but what in the world would we do without 'em!! Glad you've got such a support system plus the assurance that he loves you know matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah!! You have a great and supportive Hubby. That is awesome!! Girl, I'm so proud of you. You are always so faithful to push through the hard stuff. You inspire me!!

    Keep up the fantastic work and stay focused!!!

    ReplyDelete