Total Weight Loss

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fabulous Day!

Yesterday was a fabulous healthy living day.  Really, if there were a text book for a healthy life, my day yesterday should be a chapter.  It was great.  I started out with Cardio X from P90X.  I got a good sweat going and rocked the workout for the full time, nearly an hour.  I got in all of my water, which wasn't hard with that workout.  And eating was spot on.  There was no room for improvement.  Yesterday was great and I felt it.  I felt strong and healthy.  I went about my day knowing that I owned this, knowing deep inside I had finally found my niche.  Knowing on a cellular level that this was it; this was the way my life was going to be going forward and it was a good thing.

Imagine then my surprise this morning when the scales were up 2.2 lbs!  My whole loss from October 1 was virtually erased in on fell swoop.  I'm stunned.  I really, really don't know what to make of it.  I had finally reconciled myself to slow, slow losses, knowing in my heart that this was the right thing for me.  Now what?  If I'd eaten a pan of brownies yesterday, I would not have eaten 7700 calories, not to mention those I burned with P90X.

I can't even imagine what would be causing me to hold that much fluid.  I didn't eat anything salty.  I'm not a fan of salt anyway.  (Sugar is my nemesis.)  The only thing that makes any sense at all is that I'm retaining water for some odd reason.  What?  What?  What is going on in my body?  What do I need to do about it?  Right now nothing.

I'm still going about my day like the gain hadn't happened.  Still following the workout (belly dance today!) and fat shredder plan along with the water.  I'm still bummed.  Monday is my day to report the stats for the first phase of P90X.  I'd be humiliated to report a gain, especially when there have been no brownies involved at all!!!  The beachbody people might call and tell me to stop doing their program.  They won't want the bad press.  I can't say I'd blame them. 

9 comments:

  1. scales are fickle and mayhaps it's the moon/tides and the impending storm makin you retain water, i KNOW you're doin great so mabey you're simply losin inches before weight?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep eating clean no matter what. I know that during weightloss, I could only exercise a certain amount . Balancing out my food with the extra exercise was tricky.

    Keep going and keep eating clean so you can balance out the exercise with the food. The answers are there-IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep eating clean no matter what. I know that during weightloss, I could only exercise a certain amount . Balancing out my food with the extra exercise was tricky.

    Keep going and keep eating clean so you can balance out the exercise with the food. The answers are there-IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you feel the least bit humiliated. We here all have read, nearly daily, how you have been doing. There is NO REASON for a gain. I am baffled with you. I know another blog I read, there was a comment that she had to have allergy testing. It revealed that she was allergic to a certain food. Once she cut that food out, she lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks by doing nothing different at all. That one food or food group, I believe, just caused her body to be on high maintenance and inflammation all the time, even without her knowing. I dunno.. just a though. I'M SORRY! I'm glad that it is obviously becoming easier for you to eat and do right, though. ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever considered writing an e-book or guest authoring
    on other websites? I have a blog based on the
    same ideas you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my viewers would enjoy your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.
    Feel free to visit my web-site : read blow by blow book online

    ReplyDelete
  6. I normally have a gain the day after I hike and that always baffles me as there is usually no better example of a balanced eating day paired with vigorous physical activity. There is no explanation, so as you say, you just keeping on doing what you're doing and eventually the results do catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh a book or guest authoring, i'd read it! lorilicious mayhaps! lol, and i'm soooooo happy the bellydance is working for you, BIG hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the scales can be damn hard on you. I do both Insanity and P90X and the days I expected great losses on the scale I was disappointed and some days shocked the other way. I do know when you do these exercises you hit muscle groups that have not been hit before and as a result you retain fluids as the body is helping those sore muscles. Also some foods you eat make you retain fluid as well. So long term it is better to look at the scales less frequent and more at how are your clothes fitting. Of course you could be losing fat and gaining muscle and muscles weigh more and that shows too. Hang it there. Keep doing the right stuff and the results will show themselves at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this can be frustrating as it was for me when I did both Insanity and P90X. Those days when I thought I rocked everything the scales would whisper... "You sucked at it". Several things make your weight go up and down. Sometimes when you do that Cardio X workout you hit muscules groups that have not been worked and your body holds fluids to help those sore muscles and some foods cause the body to hold water especially foods with high sodium content. Also you may lose fat and gain muscle and gain weight. You really have to be confident you are doing what you should and stick with it and know over the long term the results will show.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete