Total Weight Loss

Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Mileage & Musings

I am currently at 729 miles for the year. It is becoming clearer and clearer that I won't make the 1000 mile goal at the pace I am going right now.  I'm going to have to step it up, literally or accept the fact that at my current pace, I'll get in the range of 950.  I'm leaning towards getting in the 950 range, mostly because I want to focus on P90X.

Speaking of which, I did Kenpo X for the first time on Saturday.  It should have been my second time for that workout but it just didn't happen the Saturday before.  I really enjoyed that work out from beginning to end. Kenpo is a martial art and I've always wanted to learn one.  I felt good and strong during the entire work out.  Yesterday I paid in a major way! 

I did the workout Saturday morning so as to be sure to get it in.  As the day progressed, I felt the workout more and more in my midsection.  Yahoo!  That is where the trouble is.  I took a naproxen at bedtime and still woke up stiff and sore.  I needed the day of rest yesterday to recover.

I was back at it this morning.  Somehow this morning the workout was much more of a mental challenge.  Those ugly thoughts tried to creep back in.  Discouragement tried to get a toehold.  I just had to power through.  It was hard.  It was much more of a mental thing than a physical thing.  And I just don't like it one bit!

I'm half way through with the first four week cycle.  I am not going to be defeated by my own silly self.  I am not going to let those lies about my physical abilities control me.

I am making one small change.  Timothy, very generously sent me a bellydance DVD.  I am going to do that in place of yoga, on Wednesday.  I had been considering it.  I wanted to be sure that I was making an honest change to the program and not wimping out on the yoga just because it was hard.

Last night, as I was chatting with friends, the subjet of yoga came up.  I really did not contribute much to the conversation other than agreeing with the various statements about it being hard, etc.  Because when the subject arose, I immediately got tense.  I felt my jaw clench and felt almost fearful, as if one of them might ask me to strike a pose right there!  I knew then that I  needed to table the yoga DVD for a while.  I'll come back to  it.  I won't let it defeat me either.

3 comments:

  1. I did the same and dropped the yoga work out and did a 40 min whole body workout. I could not give that huge block of time nor could I do all of those moves. In terms of weight loss. I saw my biggest weight loss when I controlled sugar intake. When I pushed that way done that helped alot with losing weight. I know I can never out exercise my sweet tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see your dedication to see this to the end. keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm really excited for you to do the bellydancong i LOVE it but it's very spiritual for me. plus it was made before she got popular so it has an ameature quality to it i find charming!

    ReplyDelete