Total Weight Loss

Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Better Day

Today has been a better day overall.  Work was nuts, but it often is at the first of the month.  The scales were down a whole pound this morning, making up for yesterday's anomaly.  The scales read 182.8 as if to taunt me, but I would not let it.  I decided that I had reached that goal and from here on down, it was new weight loss. 
 
My next goal is 165.  That is the goal the doctor set for me in the fall.  He didn't give me  deadline.  I need to keep that in mind for myself.  This is a long journey and it will take as long as it takes.  Technically speaking, it will never be over.  I'll always have to have an awareness of what I eat and what I weigh or it will get out of control again.  BUT, I still want to give myself deadlines.  This time I am not.  Although that is very, very hard for me.  I have an appointment scheduled for June 29, and I am really wanting to be a lot closer to 165 than I am now.  I am really struggling even as I type this to say I can lose at least x lbs by then, but I'm not, I'm not, I'm not.  I am going to lose as much weight as possible between now & then - whatever that is.

1 comment:

  1. The burnt green bean story made me laugh. Can't tell you how many times we've done the same thing. Bet your house still has that gosh-awful "burnt bean" smell. Takes forever to go away. Have a good weekend. Sharon

    ReplyDelete