Total Weight Loss

Friday, June 18, 2010

The Right Decision

On the way to work this morning, I began to think about my weekend plans. Nothing unusual there, I generally use my car time for planning. I began to think about going to Publix for fruit. I love their fruit. I thought about the watermelon, YUM, one of my very favorites. Then I moved on to cherries and pineapple, oh my. My mouth might have even begun to water. Then I realized - "I'm fantasizing about fruit!!" How in the world did that happen? My food fantasies in the past included ice cream and cookies, not fruit. Fruit was what I ate when there wasn't any of the 'good stuff' left!




I was and am so excited that something has changed inside of me. I really, truly want the fruit. I don't think I'd turn down a warm chocolate chip cookie, made from scratch. I definitely would turn down one of those hard store bought ones. Something has changed. Go me! I feel good about my decision to do my modified version of the seven day diet.



I am trying to keep my expectations about weight loss in check. My purpose now is to shake things up a bit, and move back to a more normal, but low carb way of eating. The way I intend to eat from now on, only with a few more calories once I get to my goal weight.



In another vein entirely, I have on request of my faithful readers this weekend. Sunday is Father's Day, and I lost my own dear Daddy 6 years ago. I've learned to live day to day without his presence in my life, but on special days like this one, I still miss him a lot. Say a prayer, send good karma, or whatever you do for me on Sunday and for all of us who have lost our precious fathers. Do the same for those who are estranged from theirs. If you still have yours, give him an extra hug from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment