Total Weight Loss

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Last Night

So, last night J-boy was going to be out until late.  I secretly enjoy those little times of just me, but yesterday I was a little apprehensive.  I had this great desire to eat a lot of food.  I knew that no one would be there, and no one would know just how much food I piled in while he was gone.  I also knew that I really did not want to do that.

All day, I tried to think of rewards for myself for not pigging out.  Things like, if I stayed on plan I could skip the elliptical.  Fabulous idea!!  Just like having a big ice cream sundae to celebrate losing 10 pounds. 

To complicate things further I had to make 4 dozen cupcakes.  It is very difficult for me to not taste as I cook.  I am a good cook and an even better baker.  I'm working on a blog about this and my identity.  So, I won't get in to it here.

When I got home.  I was determined.  I had my mind made up that I was not going to cheat no way, no how.  And I didn't.  I decided to distract myself, once the cupcakes were done by watching a DVD.  A friend had given me Julie & Julia.  Even though J said he'd watch it, I think he was just being nice.  If he watched it with me, I'd have to end up watching Blazing Saddles or some thing worse to make up.

Picture this, the house smells yummy from the cupcakes.  No one knows they are there but me, and I could plow through quite of few of them without taking a deep breath, and I decide to watch a movie about cooking to distract myself!!!!  Some times I amaze even myself with the choices I make.

I hung in there and didn't eat, but I have the overwhelming desire to make beef bourguignon now!!  I really am going to have to figure a way to work that in to my plan.  It seems low carb, but very high fat.

One question I had about the movie however, was why didn't Julie get fat making all of those rich meals and desserts?  The character mentioned about twice in the movie that she was gaining weight, but the actress was never padded to look like she'd chunked up at all.  It was probably Hollywood fantasy, but I also wonder if it was because the food was made from real fresh ingredients.  That is my theory because I have a thing about fresh, home prepared food, not home reheated food.

The scale said 182.4 this morning, so I really am in uncharted territory now!!

2 comments:

  1. Good work not going crazy! I watch Julie and Julia, too and yeah one thing was she always bought fresh stuff for the meals of that day not stockpile a bunch. Very French thing. I have "Mastering of French Cooking" and well it's certainly not food I'm used to. I would suggest checking it out from the library. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, Lori!! Yeah, I wondered the same thing after watching the movie. Of course, I am forever asking my husband why the Food Network people never get fat. I think the ones that are fat started out that way. His answer is they take two bites and push it away. My response, what's the point!!!

    ReplyDelete