Total Weight Loss

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend Issues

Weekends are hard for me.  I have lots of errands to run and chores to do that I can't/don't do during the week because of this pesky job I have that requires me to go every, single day!!  It is easy to keep a glass of water at my desk during the week and chug it down all day long.  I easily get down a full gallon of water during the day.  Of course, I hope my employer doesn't dock my pay for excessive time in the ladies' room!  Anyway, being more scattered during the week, messes up my planning for meals too.  Since I don't have a set, I think about food more.  I suppose I have to.  But thinking about it isn't good for me because I think about chicken strips, ice cream, cookies, whatever the last fast food commercial I've seen.  That's not good.  I'm trying to create mental images of happy, carefree people eating broccoli rather than ice cream...

Anyway, this weekend was particularly hard.  I made 75 cupcakes - not a typo - 75!!!!!  I made 6 batches of cream cheese frosting with which to frost & decorate them.  I am about half way through that part of the job.  I had to stop because I was beginning to lick my fingers and that is bad.  I haven't now learned how to moderate with sweets.  Then I had one cupcake failure.  It fell on its side and got a little mushed.  In the old days, I would have had to eat it.  I should have immediately tossed it in the trash, but my frugal nature wouldn't let me.  Instead, I wrapped it up and put it in the refrigerator for J-boy.  I won't eat it.

I'm too close to my goal.  They aren't worth it to me right now.  When I get to my goal weight, I have a few other food related goals like learning to eat 'treats' in moderation.  Today, I had to just walk away.  Maybe it is time to break out the Wii fit.  Did I just say that!?!?!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Lori, I feel your pain!! How in the world were you able to make 75 cupcakes and walk away. You are to be admired for being that courageous even ONCE. I'm hoping against hope that the cupcakes are not going to be sitting in your house for long. That would be more than I could handle and sweets are not even normally a weakness of mine. Get rid of em - QUICK! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy--do I ever understand!
    I made cake pops--and I had my husband supervise so I wouldn't lick my fingers while making them!
    Then I offered each of the 20 or so kids seconds (which I never use to do!) :)

    Be strong and don’t beat yourself up for a lick!
    And great job resisting the cupcake “oops” temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the props!! The cupcakes are leaving in the morning (Tuesday). That is the good news. The bad news is, I'm attending the reception where they are being served. After about midday Tuesday, I'm home free as far as the cupcakes go.

    ReplyDelete