Total Weight Loss

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cuss for Asparagus

"I cuss, you cuss, we all cuss for asparagus!"  It is the punch line on an old Far Side comic strip featuring an asparagus truck much live the beloved ice cream trucks from my childhood.  I've had that little mantra stuck in my head the last few days because I have been eating some yummy asparagus.

Monday night and Tuesday night when I get ready to prepare my evening meal, I go out to my little garden and snip off a few asparagus spears.  There is nothing better than that really, really fresh asparagus with just a teensy amount of seasoning salt, and steamed until it is bright green.  Love it!  My plan is to continue the pattern again tonight.

Think of me and smile tonight, while I'm cussing for asparagus.  :-D

4 comments:

  1. I like mine roasted, like most veggies. I found a yummy recipe, maybe on allrecipes.com since that is my favorite recipe site, that calls for a little parm cheese and garlic salt sprinkled on after cooking. Really adds some zing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to try it.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one. Yes am very found of asparagus and i think i will follow you.
    Best Way to Lose Weight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the well wishes on my blog, much appreciated.

    Asparagus, not a fave of mine to be honest. Then I have never had it right from the garden, perhaps that is the secret.

    ReplyDelete